Masters Running

Post Super Bowl Monday Feb 12, 2024 (Read 37 times)

BTY

An unintended rest day for me.  I had a blood donation appointment at 8:00 and meant to get an early start with a strength workout and a relatively hard swim workout beforehand.  Then I remembered the YMCA has hot water turned off to the showers this week while they have plumbers try to fix the HW problem, so I skipped them instead.   So while I could still exercise tonight after work, I'm going to follow their advice to refrain from heavily exerting myself until tomorrow.  

Well that didn't last.   I went to the Y and did a strength workout and a moderately hard but relatively short swim workout.   The main set in the pool was 6 x 100 backstroke.  It was going to be 6 reps at 2:30 (swim 1:34, rest 56 seconds) - a fairly easy pace, but then a progression was started (1:34, 1:33..) and so I had to stick with it and got 1:32, 1:31, 1:31, and 1:30.   I went by how I felt, which was very good, and what my heart rate was telling me.   30 seconds after every rep, I'd take my hr for 6 seconds and each time I got 12 beats, or 120 bps.   Now, an hour after getting out of the pool, I still feel really good - refreshed, not beat - and tired, like maybe I'll get a good night's sleep.

Sorry if it felt like I was piling on, Doug.   Just setting the record straight.

Hey! What do you want from me. That is how mole sauce is spelled. It is also a massive pain in the neck to make. Here is a copycat version of the sauce made in the restaurant I went to: https://www.restlesschipotle.com/mole-sauce-recipe/.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Reading "1984" as our first assignment in Freshman English in 1961, I promised myself I'd be a paragon of virture if I was still around in the two dozen years until then and, though most of my closest calls occured in those decades, somehow, I made it and here I am grateful for all the 40 since then and counting my blessings every day,

Holly - I don't know why but, though I've tried to match all my life, DW always dresses so differently and in opposite colors that, when we go out that, you'd think, nobody'd know we were married.  Kids too. Not even flannels worked.

BTY - running's probably different but 9 and 14 days, respectively, would probably be enough for several marathons for MikeE, if not the next day. Especially as you're getting more and more competitive, though, maybe the longer the better, though. At the opposite end, the annual Donor Party Swim Across Lake Washington signed you up for donations at the end on the other side.

ps - happy April 15.

Maybe 2/14 too?

RCG - if any of your poetic pieces are drivel, I'm not only fast but young again and with a good knee.,

Wildchild - looks like a nice sea level location?

Enke - me too not liking Patrick Mahomes, . . . until yesterday's OT, I now like so him much that I can hardly wait for next year and a new team for me to root for, . . . unless they don't get rid of players who disrespect their coaches so much in public they should dump him for the harmony of the team. I hope he's nicer to his girlfriend or she might dump him too, . . . or, whoops, on second thought, go ahead an try losing your temper at her too.

Holly - DDD me too to say nothing of mole source.

ps - nice "football' game.

May be an image of 8 people and speaker

b

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Tetsujin209 - I saw this picture of Cherry Blossum Night in Japan.   The fragrance must be wonderful.

Rosie - Sorry to hear the hip is spiraling down.

Dnaff - Sorry to hear about DH's gallbladder.

Love the pictures from the warm locals.

I got 2.1 on the mill.  Online PT and the in-person hands on PT.  I had to leave work just a scooch early.  MIL's furnace went out again.  DW gave her numbers to call.

SteveP