Masters Running

April '17 Masters Miles (Read 31 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Milktruck!

178 miles for April

659.2 miles ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Thanks MilkTruck!!

I was aiming for 100 this month which would have been my first 100 mile month in well over a year, possibly year-and-a-half. But fell a bit short. I'm ok with that though as I have slowly but surely increasing mileage each month and May will be my 100+ mile month.

87.5 miles for April

Two races, but no PR's or AG placements but my 30k Trail Run was a highlight of the month, mostly just because I'm glad I completed it without hurting myself 

Tammy

rmcj001

Thanks Milktruck!

179 miles for April (prime - how did that happen?) 712 miles YTD.  5 mile trail race, 4th OA, 1st AG. Boston and Big Sur marathons, just so happy/relieved to have that out of the way...

Ray

dg.

Thanks Milktruck!

77.1.   Yes, I know.    I started to do the last bit on the antique tm in my basement, but I just couldn't decided I wasn't a slave to numbers.  ;  )

You all are amazing.

139.3 for me.  Getting back in the range where I'm comfortable posting the totals again.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck!  I wish I had better numbers to report.  I was doing so well...then...not so well...

April: 164

2017: 762

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Milktruck!

April: 227.4 miles

YTD: 983.7

2nd AG Martian Marathon

Streak: 2448 days since last rest day (avg 8.3 miles/day)

34th consecutive 200+ mile month

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

2nd AG Martian Marathon

Now you're just making stuff up. There are no marathons on Mars.

Be safe. Be kind.

I feel like such a slacker, I finally got over 100 miles for the year!  I haven't ever had a 100 mile month. That should be 20 times around the lake, hmmm.......

I had one 10 mile race, probably the hardest 10 miles I've ever run.  Ended up 2 AG and DFL.

April: 38.21

YTD: 103.31

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

an amazing likeness

April 2017 summary from all who reported in...

+ SubDood nails the monthly Magnificent Median with 150 miles

+ perchcreek posted a monster month as he closes in on 3 years of 200mi + months (I have not the words...)

+ We had 6, count 'em 6, Monthly Prime runners: pfriese, rmcj001, catwhoorg, Opie, Wildchild, spacityrunner

+ monthly average climbed to 152 from 139 in Mar as folks are taking advantage of the spring days

Runner April Prime! Notable Notes
                      HermosaBoy 334 . .
                      pfriese 230 . 1AG 5K & 5AG marathon for BQ!
                      perchcreek 227 prime! 2AG Marathon + 2448 day streak @ 8.3mi/day + 34th 200mi month(wow)
                      BerthaSlayer 208 . monthly miles PR
                      Tramps 202 . .
                      evanflein 200 . .
                      rmcj001 179 prime! 4th OA 5mi trail + Boston Mar + Big Sur Mar
                      Holly S. 178 . .
                      RunnerKSA 166 . 666 days streaking @ 5mi/day avg
                      Mike E 164 . .
                      SubDood 150 . .
                      milktruck 150 . .
                      catwhoorg 149 prime! Plus 108.8mi biking & 5K PR
                      Opie 139 prime! welcome back to the monthly
                      coastwalker 136 . .
                      spinach 135 . 181 month race streak
                      Jlynne 108 . .
                      stumpy77 98 . 2AG 5K
                      TammyinGP 88 . 30K trail run + aiming for 100mi in May
                      wildchild 83 prime! ramping up
                      dg. 77 . .
                      spacityrunner 53 prime! Plus 18.8mi hiking
                      StarrRuns 38 . 2AG 10 miler
                      average 152 . .
                      median 150 . .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

evanflein

Where's that "like" button??

SubDood

+ SubDood nails the monthly Magnificent Median with 150 miles ...

SubDood 150 . .
                          milktruck 150 . Fell off step ladder...early end to month
                          median 150 . .

Hey, milktruck. I think someone else also nailed the magnificent median. Sorry about the step-ladder thing.

an amazing likeness

SubDood 150 . .
                            milktruck 150 . Fell off step ladder...early end to month
                            median 150 . .

Hey, milktruck. I think someone else also nailed the magnificent median. Sorry about the step-ladder thing.

It's all in the rounding....and I screwed up the months -- fell off the step ladder the other day, in May. April was the achillies tendonitis.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.