Masters Running

Fridaily & the ides of September, 9.15.23 (Read 37 times)

Mariposai

Happy Rosh Hashana to all who celebrate!

Holly,  praying you guys find out the issue with your DH's health.

Jay and Mrs. Coastwalker. Happy 45th anniversary! Enjoy your get away

Teamsters, have fun!

I got back home late last night after a great seminar on legal landlord tenant law in Washington State.  Note to self: driving  5 hours after an 8 hour seminar is not a wise idea. Today I was able to run 3 miles before work. Tomorrow will be a 5 miler, then Sunday a 14 miler.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Baystate!

Tramps - is that the one in the flood aamos and, I think the beers did and maybe PBJ too. 

Twocat - did your DW, whoops, I mean, you decide on your fall marathon yet.

SMV10K - whoops, when DW mentioned Ikea and some other morning shopping plans for the weekend that would need a full charge of all the 30 miles I can get out of our aging 2013 Chevy Volt thereby not permitting any extra for a sunrise 10K for the virtual edition of the Seattle Marathon Summer Run series, I drove over to the three mile loop around Seward Park this afternoon where the real run is held, and where I've run around for three plus decades in the SM, Seafair Triathlon, Pumpkin 5K, etc. and, whoopee!, did great, . . . until mile 5 when Mr. Knee kind of gave up and I needed to shift into another gear, discovering in the process that there is a pace even slower than the strained walking my knee (ed note: and age) has reduced me too.

If forgotten how much I liked the mademoiselle's swoonily sexy, I mean, clearly articulating French feedback accent I had set up for every quarter mile, and every 15 minutes too, on the Runkeeper app the SM has us record our virtuals on: “bravo, that's goooud” and, especially, the one I liked best: “vivala, you're fast.” Unfortunately, Mademoiselle went silent on me at 5.89 miles but, having set MapMyWalk and Strava along with Fitbit watch in motion at the start, I was able to record an exact 6.2 mile on MapMyWalk and, with some extra running to an even number on Strava and Fitbit as they were well both over 6.2 miles so did a couple of little loops to get to 7 miles on Strava and 8 miles on Fitbit. <<<(note: although I was really swinging my arm a lot for the latter)>>>.

I'd don't know if anyone else has given up on half marathons that used to be so easy at the drop of a hat but, at this rate with my 10K fizzling out at only five miles, maybe the last of the three SM Summer Series distances at half marathon distance might be a little out of range, to say nothing of the November marathon I'd really like to do now that they have an official walking division in November.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Jay - happy anniversary and thanks for the start.  Baystate is Oct 15

Rosh Hashanah starts tonight, so I’m wishing everyone a happy, healthy and sweet New Year.

marj

Congratulations Jay and DW. 

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

Leslie - Thank for the tips.

SteveP