Masters Running

Mary can't start the Wed thread - is she busy or something? (Read 562 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

OrangeMat--you're cool!

39 degrees, a 10 mph wind, and just a little bit of flurries in the air made this a perfect night to run 10.2 miles in 1:12:41.

That's it from me.

Perhaps you need to hire some professionals.

Big grin   That's what I felt like this a.m.!  And way cool!  You're getting a cancer boob job! 

TwoCat - Do you have to be on the crutches for the 5 weeks, too?  I've resorted to crawling quite a bit.  It's just easier.

30 min of stationary cycling, followed by 10 min of core.  I have the munchies soooooo bad!  Unfortunately, the cupboards are fairly bare, and it's tough to grocery shop on crutches.  Although, a couple of weeks ago I wrangled one of the young ladies who works at the grocery store and she helped me.  She was really sweet. Had just started work about half an hour prior and was rarin' to go! Smile Hmmm - this could prove to be an interesting month.  I need to find some youngin' to assist me. Evil

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Adorable pppy picture yesterday!  We had rain here and I was super busy making a double batch of roll out sugar cookies, and then frosting them.  Also finished a cute little dress for GD Mackenzie who will be dedicated on Sunday.  I finally get some more gramma time staring tomorrow! 

The sun was out today, but a tad windy at 22mph.  It was a nice evening to be outside.  This run/walk plan is getting a little better now.  I skipped some of the 1 minute walk breaks tonight.  I still remember when I started running in 2004 and I could barely get from one street pole to the next without gasping for air.  That is what motivates me to keep running.  I don't ever want to go back to that point.  Likewise with my recovery journey.  Now that I've given up alcohol, I don't wannna go back there either.  What inspired me to quit was a lady at church, just like me, that shared her story in front of the whole congregation last year. What motivates me is these silly little "chips" we get for 30, 60, 90 days.

((OrangeMat)) - you have a great attitude, I like the countdown clock.  Hello PBJ, that's a lot of days!  Leslie and twocat, I've never been on crutches, and hope I never need them.  I'd have trouble getting around, I am sure.  MikeE, flurries? We're headed to the Cities tommorrow so hope we have good weather there.

I have a picture of the dress I made, just to see if I can figure out how to post pictures.  It's a twirlly dress for when she can walk and dance.  No one prolly wants to see it though.Dress made by Starr for Mackenzie

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

.  No one prolly wants to see it though.Dress made by Starr for Mackenzie

ohhh yeahhhhhhh we do! That is one lovely dress. This dress reminds me of one that my mama made me when I was around 5 y/o. She was a gifted seamstress. I  wish I had inherited her gift of making clothing. I also want to see your latest quilt. I will try to post mine one of this days.

Middle and top layer of wedding cake baked tonight. Tomorrow morning before work they will be pre-frosted and into the freezer.

One layer at the time.

Bummer twocat, 5 weeks is a long again...but then again...5 more weeks of no meetings must be great!

OrangeMat you sure have a lovely spirit! Love ya girl!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Cute dress!!  And some of you quilt?  Ante up the pics, ladies. Evil

Starr - I hope Shorty is excited about getting those little coins.  He gets to call on Wednesdays, so we had a brief, but telling talk.  After just 36 hours, he is - and I quote - "an emotional mess."  Me: "That's great.  In all of your 50 years, you've never been an emotional mess.  It's about time."  We had briefly discussed my not driving down there for a visit this weekend because we are so financially strapped right now.  But I could tell he really wants me there, so I'll go.  Whatever it takes to support him and get him through this.  He is my husband, I am his wife, and this is our marriage we working extremely hard to save.  After 26+ years of being together and 24 1/2 years of marriage - it's worth the fight.  It's definitely worth the fight.

Once again, you wonderful folks have provided me a safe haven to just talk.  Thank you.  Sometimes I really need it.

I hold you all close to my heart -

Leslie

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Leslie....if you insistBlush...my latest quilt...

....sorry, the picture is crucked...but not time to take another one...uploaded and post it again!

For you my brave girl!!! Be strong...we are here for you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Two days in a row I've typed a big 'ol reply here and the page refreshed or went back and it was all lost. Frustrating.

Anyhoot.... nice discussions yesterday. I see Robin was motivated to finish Boston so she could inspire her son!

8 muggy shirtless miles yesterday and 5 muggy miles today at 8:18. Dewpoint 69° and temp 69°.  No complaints about the heat but...

I am in the midst of interviewing for a job in Michigan!

So I noticed Byll's post about Bayshore in Good Hart so I looked that up.  WAY in the boondocks! 5 1/2 hs from Detroit. Michigan is BIG!

Any body know Rochrunner's e-mail? PM me?

Where in Michigan are you looking to move to Perch? Traverse City is over 4 hours from DEEtroit and Goodheart is I believe North along 131 toward Petoskey.  Bayshore was my personel PR 3:58:57 nice flat course.

SteveP

I had a feeling Perch....We're pulling for you!! Michigan can use a person of your caliber http://www.runmichigan.com/

(((((Orange Mat)))))

DW, Tag and I hit some trails just around the corver for about 45 min. We did two loops and enjoyed the early spring flowers.

SteveP

Cute dress!!  And some of you quilt?  Ante up the pics, ladies. Evil

Starr - I hope Shorty is excited about getting those little coins.  He gets to call on Wednesdays, so we had a brief, but telling talk.  After just 36 hours, he is - and I quote - "an emotional mess."  Me: "That's great.  In all of your 50 years, you've never been an emotional mess.  It's about time."  We had briefly discussed my not driving down there for a visit this weekend because we are so financially strapped right now.  But I could tell he really wants me there, so I'll go.  Whatever it takes to support him and get him through this.  He is my husband, I am his wife, and this is our marriage we working extremely hard to save.  After 26+ years of being together and 24 1/2 years of marriage - it's worth the fight.  It's definitely worth the fight.

Once again, you wonderful folks have provided me a safe haven to just talk.  Thank you.  Sometimes I really need it.

I hold you all close to my heart -

Leslie

Leslie, the funny thing about the coins is that Sue, the gal who spoke in church, is the one who started our Celebrate Recovery group.  She took me out to lunch and showed me her medallian, a real bronze one from A.A.  I wanted one of those too, but it took a while for me to finally make that commitment.  Well, an older lady, about 70 years old, came to the group -- for being addicted to sugar.  I thought "yeah right".  Sue and I are the only female alcoholics, but others have "stress" "worry", "contentment", "low self-esteem" and "Codependency" as their struggles.  Well, Laurel went for 30 days without sugar and Sue gave her the bronze 30 that she had received from AA.   I was a tad bit jealous, and still really, really want one of the broze coins, but will have to wait until Christmas, I guess.  It is good for me to have all you people here to share with.  Thanks.

I don't know anything about treatment facilities, but there are alot of good tools at http://www.hazelden.org/web/public/thought.view?catId=1901  Every day I check the Thought of the Day for inspiration and motivation.  There are "thoughts" for women, men, families, families, and people with food issues. (the links on the left).  Shorty is lucky to have you fighting for him.

Here is the last quilt I made (2nd time around).  The first set of nursery things for Addison, in pinks and brown had to be recreated in blue and brown.  Addison someone come out as a bouncing baby Brody!  God was playing a little joke on my jokester son.  There was truly some feelings of loss and sadness because we all felt like we had lost a daughter/granddaughter since they had named her, journaled to her and showered her with gifts!

Brody's Quilt

Jake, Kelsey, Me and Brody

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich