Masters Running

April 15th running to the mailbox and other places .... (Read 498 times)

Slo - Too funny!  The folks in the cars will probably be telling their side of the view for some time to come.

Okay, all you thrift store clothes buyers - we need a picture of you folks in all your finery.  It might be painful to view, but classic.

Aamos - Very sorry to hear about your co-worker.  It always seems to be the ones who are tough nuts on the outside who end up being wonderful and soft on the inside.

Happy Birthday, Wannaberunner!

Was suppose to get up and do 30-45 min of strength training, but after being awake from about 1:30 to 4:30, I stayed tucked under the covers.  And that's the excuse I'm sticking with.

Here's my Race Report if you're interested.

Have a good one ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Jlynne

Go read Leslie's report - it's a good one. Love your new avatar too, btw.

Amos - I'm sorry that you lost such a good friend and co-worker. It sounds like she was a pretty special woman.

Slo -  

You are very brave to take on two mortgages. If you'd like three, I've got one I can sell you...

Glad Brinkley took Mary out for her daily run this morning. Nice negative splits, too!

5 miles this morning on dead stumps, 9:57 pace. After crawling around in the garden weeding, freshening up cedar bark, etc. my back and legs were killing me. You always think you're in pretty good shape but always seem to find a new set of muscles.

Holly - you've got lots of friends to help you navigate Boston. Reminds me of a story when my sister, friend and I went to New York for a long weekend. Our DHs told us whatever you do, don't get on the subway at night. Guess what the first thing we did was?  Missed our stop and got lost, but there were lots of kind people to help us figure out where we needed to be. You'll do great.

Could someone do a separate thread of everyone's numbers for Monday so we can keep track of all of you guys? I'm running vicariously through all of you. HAVE A GREAT TIME AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Could someone do a separate thread of everyone's numbers for Monday so we can keep track of all of you guys? I'm running vicariously through all of you. HAVE A GREAT TIME AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!

There already is a thread like that, Jlynne!

Boston Bibs

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Jogger/Roy, it's sure great to hear from you after such a long time.  I hope all is well with you and your family, including Woody, of course.  lame, congrats to your daughter on her 800 PR.  wannabe, happy birthday.

fatozzig, your race report is quite a read.  I am in awe of your accomplishment.  Congratulations. 

Nice long runs for Slo and PBJ.  Good job on the speedwork for holly and Walt.

This morning, it was in the  low 50s and there was a little wind.  I did 5 miles in about 48 minutes for a 9:37 pace.

A while back, I mentioned that my daughter is doing the Nashville marathon on Apr 24th.  We've decided we'd go down there and hope we can see her a time or two during the race.  We don't know anything about Nashville, like where to park or where good places are to try and see the runners go by.  In anticipation, I got our pop up camper out, set it up, and checked to see if everything was ok after the winter.  It seems to be fine.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Aamos, sorry to hear about your co-worker but your memorials are always the best.

Tramps and Holly, I think in your throwaway finery (good visual on those!) you could team up to hold up a 7-11, then run away and not get caught!

I received a lengthy email from my DD's teacher yesterday, telling me about some bad behaviour.  Well that was a bit upsetting.  Then 30 minutes later I got an email from a company that I interviewed with a few weeks ago.  And I really really wanted the job... Yup, did not get the job.  Then I said, "well bad things always happen in 3's so what is next?  I'll probably get rear ended when I take the kids out for something to eat."  And sure enough it happened.  Just a minor scratch, but still.....why can't I put my psychic powers to good use??

So I got to bed too late, slept in and not sure I have time to fully wake up and run.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Geez Enke, you should be in for some good things to happen now, right?

Hey Tom, you'll be in tomwhite's neck of the woods for your DD's marathon! I hope you get to see her out on the course, and I bet that'll be pretty special for her, too.

I was going to do a short RAL, but just as i was getting ready to go, a sleety snowstorm came in! Wow, it's thick out there! I decided to eat my lunch at my desk, finish up a few things here at work then leave early to finish getting ready to go. So many things to wrap up, I know I'll leave loose ends all over the place. Oh well. I'll be back Wednesday and can finish tying them up then, right? (I may not run at all, but we'll see)

Slo

Aw man enke....that just sucks. Put it behind you....get that run in. A run cures almost any woe.

bill -- do you need an  long sleeve thermal tshirt for throw away on monday?  i could bring one to robins on sunday for you.

Denise, that would be very kind of you!  I'm going to see what I can scrounge up (just in case) but I'd appreciate it.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

seekrit message to Enke.....Use your powers for good!

Well I filed our extension and did some yoga.  Going to pull out the slideboard in a bit and skate on that for a short while. It's a non-running day.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

After running a mere 30 minutes, I'm convinced that my entire insides are coated in light yellowish green from all of the pollen.  Hate to put on the a/c when It's going to be so cool tonight, but I like breathing more than I dislike wasting money on electricity.

Might be coherent enough to post more after a shower.  Betting the water turns green, too!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I look my best blurry!

enke- what a day!  I think I hogged all the good vibes.  Sorry I was so selfish.  Thanks for the b-day wishes.  44 is a great age so far.  Lovin' it and lovin' RA.

Do you all know each other from cyberspace or in the real world, too?  

fatozzig-  I LOVE your popcorn eating kitty!  I inhale popcorn.  Yum!

wannabe -- 44 was one of my favourite years.  I think I ran my one and only marathon that year and was faster than I am now (only because I've had a long layoff).

I'd say about half of these people have met about half of the others at most, in real life.  Especially the ones talented enough to be going to Boston, then they have met even more.

But some people's personalities just drip off the page, so you feel like you know them.....I won't say who.

So with my psychic powers, I predict the weather in Boston on Monday to be high of 54, with winds WSW at 5 to 8mph and 10% chance of showers, partly cloudy.  I also predict a dreadfully boring teleconference tonight with a group I volunteer with.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

bill - will definitely have a shirt (or 2) for you sunday

slo and tim .... i am terrified of my bike.......... one of our coaches broke her arm last year falling off her bike and i keep thinking about that - have to get past the fear -- my 15 yr old was helping me out tonight between a door frame

and speaking of 15yr olds helping me .... his friend from birth our 15 yr old neighbor was helping me with my dance routine for our post-marathon party monday ............what a riot!!  i just hope it doesnt end up on utube or FB!!  lol

ran an energetic 4 miles this evening ........... so excited for all my Boston bound friends!!

denise

I look my best blurry!

and speaking of 15yr olds helping me .... his friend from birth our 15 yr old neighbor was helping me with my dance routine for our post-marathon party monday ............what a riot!!  i just hope it doesnt end up on utube or FB!

Oh, I soooo hope it does!  

I'm running NYC Marathon this year and I'm hoping for Boston next.  Looking forward to all of the race reports!  

Mariposai

wannaberunner, I did NYC last year and I had a blast. NYC indeed is the race of all races!!! what an experience.

Welcome to RA. I can't wait to  hear more about you!!!

A XT day for me, if fertilizing tulips and roses and transplanting indoor plant pots is considered a XT...ohhhhhhhh I was the loudest cheerleader for my son's soccer team...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard