Masters Running

Wednesday 3//24 Rainy Runs and Workouts (Read 37 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Steve - neat about the bank e-mails.

Can I say the name of your bank that

does it in asking my Chase if they do?

Holly - I didn't do a google picture

(but will next week) but there's

a red leaf carpeted intersection

on one of my Chinatown routes.

ps - it seems a little early but, like they do for migrating salmon gathering up at the mouths of their natal spawning streams, rains are often the trigger for the spring cherry buds starting to open up.,  Still just buds here, though, though I'm checking every day. 

Henry/marj - I checked the Ringling Bridge images.

Neat, . . . and exactly one half mile long to the 2,640' length with another  mile or so, I guess, on either side. 

No wonder you're having so much fun,.

After  yesterday's second sunset of the year, overnight rains have returned but, even though there's not much blooming going on yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some clearing for tomorrow's first-Thursday-of-the-month gratis admission to the Japanese Gardens.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After being hit and grazed four times in 2014 by unattentively careless drivers taking sharp turns in Chinatown intersections, one of my main good deeds has been timing street crossings with elderlies in walkers, canes, etc. that I can now first-hand relate to too but, somehow, all-of-a-sudden, I got two new other rare instances yesterday when,

1. though I knew I could not help, when two middle-aged gals got out of their sedan stalled at the intersection in front of a bus stop where I was waiting after the arboretum walk with five high school boys waiting too who, strangely, just looked at the hapless lady driver and her two struggling friends and didn't lift a hand to help, I did and leaned my back into the trunk with the other two to push the car out of the middle of the road (and honking drivers who were in too much of a hurry to help either) to, fortuitously, around the corner by the curb of a convenient Shell Station.  Better yet, their gas was at $4.69 instead of the $4.99 at the Shell at the top of the hill below our 11th floor viewpoint,

2.  When I got back on the next bus (the first having come and gone with the HS boys) and three walker elderlies got on at the next stop when the driver lowered the access ramp at the front door, the first two got their handicapped bench seats lowered with room to spare for their walkers but the third lady was boxed in with hers and, when the other two couldn't get up to help her, I did and all of a sudden had two goodies to add to my streetwalking in less than an hour. whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Holly - Thank you for the start.  My credit rating is above average.  My blip is when a store offers an introductory bonus.  I pay the card off, never use it, but do not cancel the card.

We had thunder & lightening last night, but this morning brought blue skies (although forecast originally said rain all day).  Set out for our morning walk, but had to turn back unexpectedly, so got to the car and parked near Ringling Bridge, so walked to the top & back.  Folks here are incredibly friendly, so lots of hello’s and good mornings.  People on the bridge ranged from walkers, runners, Amish on their bicycles, etc.

TwoCat - There have been awful situations with care rentals.

Jay - Sand dunes are a tough workout.

Tetsujin209 is a heck of a guy.

I got nothin'.

SteveP