Masters Running

Monday March 22 Runs and Misbehavior (Read 515 times)

mrrun

thanks all.  From Henrun's DS, I received an iphone app gift certificate.  Has anyone tried any of the running apps?  Best reviews are for RunMeter and RunKeeper.  Thanks, marj

Renee the dog

Is Nono about to be our next resident MANIAC??? You go, girl!

I have to cross the finish line in Senile Sea Isle City first.   I'm hopeful.

{{{Holly}}}

dg, glad you are feeling OK right now. I thought of you several times on the ride home.  Get all healed up, now, ya hear??!!

Back home and icing the toes. 

On the duct tape v. kinesio, for feet, I'm firmly in the Kinesio tape camp.  I've gotten the bunched up deal from the duct tape, but not from Kinesio. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Just wanted to report that we now have heat and hot water! Yay!  Both were fixed by replacing the thermocouple in the propane boiler - this boiler heats hot water for both the sinks/showers and the radiant floor heat system.  I did some reading on the internet about possible causes for a pilot light not staying lit, and narrowed it down to a faulty thermocouple or a faulty gas valve.  The thermocouple is easier and cheaper to replace so DH did that today, and it worked.     Back to a modern life of luxury.

Happy Belated Birthday to Marj!  Sounds like a wonderful family party.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

On the duct tape v. kinesio, for feet, I'm firmly in the Kinesio tape camp.  I've gotten the bunched up deal from the duct tape, but not from Kinesio. 

And the Kinesio tape "moves" with your skin.  Very user friendly.

dg - Glad to hear you're feeling good (a minor bow to Mr. Vicodin.  He can be a wonderful thing, can't he?)  My run - April 10 - 18 very short days.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

thanks all.  From Henrun's DS, I received an iphone app gift certificate.  Has anyone tried any of the running apps?  Best reviews are for RunMeter and RunKeeper.  Thanks, marj

the iMapMyRun app is pretty cool

I use the RunCalc app all the time to calculate pace.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Holly S. what a drag.  All one can say in a case like this is that persistence pays.  There will be other job opportunities.  With a bit of luck the one you land will be better than the ones you do not.

wildchild I understood none, zero, zip, nada, zilch of that!  But I am happy to hear you have hot water again!  Next maybe you will get a chance to report enough snow has melted that spring has actually arrived up at your elevation.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Slo

dg.....Glad to hear all is going well !

Ring shopping tonight. 2 for 1 special. She made out pretty good.

Oh and a 6.7 mile run, finished with 30 sec hill repeats at 4k pace.