Masters Running

Saturday---peeking cautiously from under the covers to see the SUN---runs, workouts, holidays and fun (Read 318 times)

Happy 4th of July

Woods Lady - Sounds like a smart move to me.  Why drive 2.5 hrs. to suffer through the heat and a sunburn when you can have an even more pleasant workout in your own backyard.  BTW - Where do you live?  Sauvie Island outside of Portland?  My DH grew up in St. Helens, OR, and his family still lives in there during the summers.

Ribs and SLO - Thank you for sharing some wonderful comments that provide tremendous food for thought.

Had my best 10-mile trail run today, finishing in 2:09.  It was a solo run, so it gave me some time to think about my run next Saturday and ruminate on m strategy.  Now I'm relaxing until I head down town in a couple of hours to hang out until time for the fogworks (aka fireworks).  It's cold, overcast, and windy here, so I'd rather just stay curled up on the couch with a good book; however, The Hub is down there right now smoking some tri tips, and a think two or three other families are suppose to be showing up. {sigh} Maybe I could come down with a sudden 6-hour flu or something . . . . doubtful.

Later!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Is there room for one more "luckiest person on the planet?"  'Cause I'm in!  We're staying with my in-laws, and they just don't come any nicer.

Happy 4th, and good racing and non-racing out there in Boomer-land today. Karin, congrats on 1st in AG! 

I ran 6 miles on the woods trail behind my in-laws' house this morning. It's much cooler there than even on the shady sidewalks, so I just ran back and forth on the 1-mile long trail.  The trees are huge and there's even a small creek.  Kind of hot and humid, but I love this low altitude!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

fattozg, Yes,  Sauvies Island right outside of Portland - flat pretty farm land.  There was a marathon there today - called the Flat, something, Sauvies Island Run and Econo was running it, but I haven't hear from her yet.  I live in Florence, OR.   now, but spent most of my life in Portland.  Sounds like a great 10 mile run that you had today.  I don't go nearly that far, but trails are my favorites - woods trails and Forest Service Roads.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

nice runs, nice fun!

Glad you had your best 10 miler today fatozzig!

4 mile b4 4 on 4th race then ran like hell, didn't puke but PR'd 28:48!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Spareribs great quote!  If a man dieing long before his time can take joy in the life he has lived we all can.  To be here in the US is a great gift that we celebrate today.  All over the world people long for this gift we all too easily take for granted.  Happy 4th of July all and good runs to you all!

P.S.  Nice job on the marathon Econo even if it was not quite as quick as you wished.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/