Masters Running

Monday Monday January 22 (Read 38 times)

The Vikings game sure was disappointing.  I am with Dave not wanting to root for either team. I guess the Vikings fans were treated poorly in Philly. The predicted blizzard is here full force now with 35mph winds. I worked from 7 to noon and barely got home after getting stuck in the street.  I then backed up and nearly knocked over the sign in the parking lot. I didn't stop for either stop sign but there was no one else around. The snow is blowing sideways but the driveway was clear except for a 2 1/2 foot drift in front of the driveway.  I think we have at least 10" of snow. Now I am hunkered down here by the fire while MrStarr is in 98weather, sheesh!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

*sniff sniff* - Wildchild, I think it actually smells a bit better around here.   Glad you're having fun ~~

Carolyn - sounds like fun!

Starr - glad you made it safely home.

Avenger Doggie - yay!

No run for me today, just about 35 minutes of weights and core.

Still in pain, darn it.  It starts out okay in the morning, but by late afternoon I am in agony, even with the Motrin (talking, drinking liquids and eating seems to aggravate it).  I don't want to call the oral surgeon to ask for more pain meds and be treated like some kind of a drug addict, but I am angry that I must "gut it out" because "you should only have a couple of days of pain."  Someone just shoot me, please.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - ganbare.  It could be worse.

Q:  what was used for pain-killer before novocaine?

Five rainless but a big black sack full on light rail construction garbage and debris-filled miles across the floating bridge under broken clouds at 43o that even the twocat probably wouldn't mind.

Glad nobody else is bitter about their football fate <<<(dave/dave)>>>.

Just to prove I'm not bitter, I'm gunna cheer for the evil Patriots to win another SB.p

Problem is, the way the Seahawks have been deteriorating ever since they handed the Patriots a ill-deserved victory on the last first down of the game in SBXLIX just 25 seconds and 18" away from an easy walk-in win that my walking stride could have done, I'm actually starting to like Bad Brady and his boy.  I am not bitter, I am not bitter, . . . . Go Ha, . . . , I mean . . . . . . . . PATS! <<<(low whisper please)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Holly S. get the pain medication. I was under medicated after my biopsy and there is no reason to go through that.

Did an hour on the elliptical this morning, then bolted out the door to get to school on time. Today was the first day of classes. Always crowded the first day. We get lots of "shoppers" that are looking at a number of courses and then pick one by next week. I will likely lose about a 1/3 of the people that showed up today. I am beat. Only 23 lectures to go!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

No run/workout today -- worked and needed a rest day after that Body Pump yesterday. I'm trying to increase my weights slowly and I can really feel it -- makes me realize how much I need to do strength work!!

I don't know - I just don't really get the Tom Brady hate. Ya I know - I'm biased living so close to Boston, but when I think of how he walked out of Bledsoe's shadow and how far he has come I think it's great. He really started as a nothing pick for the Patriots and has worked hard to get where he is now. Some things may be a little over the top but that's his choice. He seems like a solid family man and his name isn't in the papers for carousing or acting out like so many other sports people who think they can do anything they want whenever they want.

Anyway - just my 2 cents. Now if you want to talk football/sports figures in general -- it actually drives me crazy how much $$ they all make and the price of tickets to go to professional games. Just not right.

Love you Tet!!

denise

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, got out before work for 4 miles (upper 30s) then 6 miles after lunch.  Part of that was a practice PT test for my ops counterpart.  For the Air Force, the run part of the PT test is 1.5 miles.  Since he tests in 9 days, I suggested shooting for 14:00 (a minute faster than he did in July, before we started working on it).  Splits were very heartening:  2:15, 2:19, 2:21, 2:21, 2:12, 1:59 (13:35).  Considering his biggest issue has been endurance, he did great.  After work taught spin.....but all my workouts the past several days caught up to me.  My heart rate should have been higher so I figured I had "decoupled" and backed off the resistance on my bike.

Holly, that's very nice of you....and since oblong is a shape, I guess I am!  If I ever reform my eating habits.....  As for the pain meds, better to have them (and not need them) than vice versa.  One thing I learned after my accident, my pain threshold may be too high for my own good (which was a blessing that day!).

Mike, how is the new job going?

So just notified we're going back to work.....have a great night everyone!

Holly- what is recommended for pain is a cocktail of ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) and Tylenol.  The combination is as effective as opioids and much safer.  I’ve been to a couple of legal seminars with doctors on the panel and this is the preferred pain treatment and everyone swears that it works.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Centex runner

Holly - How about orajel liquid treatment. I've had luck with it numbing toothaches.

Good luck!

SteveP

Dear ADandSteve - I shoveled up two big boxes worth of probably 3,000 acorns

from nearby trees in Sept/Oct and build a multi-level squirrel feeder

to watch them eat and hoard as many acorns as I can put out every day.

Blue jays love 'em too.

During the youthful indiscretion phase, I felt bad for squirrels digging for frozen and stale acorns.I started tossing mixed nuts int he shell out on the balcony. in January, I tossed out a coconut with the husk still attached. Have you ever seen a squirrel with it's mind blown??

Jlynne, I'm sorry you got crowed.

TW Yay for  50 minuets.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Leslie.

Wildchild Wow

Holly S. get the pain medication. I was under medicated after my biopsy and there is no reason to go through that.

I worked in and out of a pouring rain all day. I tinkered o n the truck after work.

SteveP

Q:  what was used for pain-killer before novocaine?

......actually they used cocaine.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....