Masters Running

Thursdaily, 12.7.23 (Read 37 times)

Jlynne

If you liked Charlie Berens making hot dish casserole, check out his “husbands of Target” clip. Another good laugh!

Erika - I’m so sorry about your inability to have any pain meds until you have your surgery. You must be miserable. Good luck until next week. 

Happy Hanukah to Marj, Henry and everyone else who celebrates. 

Hi Mike! Nice to see your post today. Yours too, Kevin 😊

All of the comments about skin cancer reminds me of my high school years where we would lather up with baby oil and lay out in the sun for hours. It’s no wonder I have the skin I have now…

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks for all the wishes and moral support.  I guess I needed it as all I've been thinking about the last couple of days is that, if i don't make it, except for you guys, everyone would just say, "Oh, that's too bad but, you know, he was alread 80yo." Then I had a vivid dream of my dad just like i was there, in his hospital bed in San Diego that I couldn't get too in time and then, to make matters worse scaring DW nearly to hers by being rolled into the recovery room with a pale grey mask of face of death lifeless eyes making her think I didn't make it.

Other,wise, and maybe a couple of other things like the worst one being bladder checks because I had no feeling down there either and they did measurements of 247ml that,  at 250 would have necessitated an insertion like i can never forget reading they did as torture in WWII when i was being born so, instead of being the good pstient i promised myself this time, i refused and asked to see the head doctor or give me a little  more time to do it on my own and, sure enough, though i was able to do a little dribblea little dribble when they came back, it wasn't good enough but i was so obno, . . . I mean insistent they gave me another hour and it didn't come up again when they csme back making me think I was like Doug but worse.

Other than that everything went well and I'm overnighting but, please don't tell twocat if he is lurking, with all of the meatloaf posts and voila! tonight's hospital meal was delicious meatloaf, mashed pototoes and gravy i love but havent had for years!  Wish they had an RA meatloaf bakeoff so i could taste everybody's. Yep, I think I'm coming around. Thank you all very much.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Yay! Thanks for posting the update and sounds like everything went pretty well. Can't wait till you can tell us more about how you feel tomorrow!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - thanks.

I have a wonderful knee IV ill get to keep in for three days so no pain at all any more.if you feel half as good as I do after your hip. you'll be in the same shock that I am how fantastic it is.

ps - however,  no more trips for a while. Smile

enke -did you get your delicious meatloaf at the Swefish Hospitat up on Broadway?

more this weekend

zzzzzzzzz

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

I had been thinking of tetsujin209 and those celebrating Hanukkah.

Jay - You show a lot of determination.

My at work writing style keeps in mind that the recipient is bombarded with emails.  Keep it simple.  To the point.

I want to go to Steve's for reindeer pancakes!

That would be wonderful!

Enkephalin's post made me gain weight.

Tammy - I'm glad you kept your appointment.

BTY - Happy 300.

Moebo - Those haircuts!

Surly Bill - Extra arms would be beneficial.

Erika - I'm sorry to hear about your pain issues.

Tetsujin209 - Your post got my day off to a greta start.  As well as having a way with words, you are a valuable member of this little running community.  Of course, the hospital was having meatloaf!!!

I got a mile on the mill in.  Then my PT.  I love this time of year.

SteveP

Dave59

Tet - Thanks for checking in. Good to hear that things went well.

I like the idea of a forum meatloaf cook-off. Maybe we could sell the idea to a TV network as a reality show. A group of people who have known each other for a long time but rarely if ever met get flown to a nice warm location and have a cook off. My recipe is too plain to win anything but it would be fun.

Checked first thing for a report from tet and I was rewarded!  Very encouraging and hoping for a smooth recovery.  I know it is a long road, but now you are on the other side of it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth