Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.23.13 (Read 40 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tet, Posie is scheming the Avenue of the Giants marathon in May, of course! Lots of RA folks are going!

Dave, I did the full marathon at Deadwood - which goes up for 13 miles, then down for the 2nd half, like you said.  The route was pretty, although not what I'd call a real trail race - it's more like a wide rail trail.  The half looked really really crowded, though - there were like 50 buses for half marathoners, and only 3 or 4 for the marathoners, driving out to the starting points.  The area is nice, and I had a fun time visiting Custer State Park, Rushmore, and Crazy Horse.

Enke, sorry about door #3, but good luck with door #4.  And yeah, maybe you can turn him into a runner!

6 trail miles on a gorgeous afternoon.  I sent my Garmin in for service because it wasn't holding a charge long enough for marathons (at least at my pace!), and sometimes shut itself off unexpectedly, and yesterday I got a whole new (refurbished) unit in the mail.  Kinda like Christmas in October!  Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Henrun

Unlike Stumpy I brought all my winter stuff up and needed them early this morning including my light gloves. Did see runners in all kinds of clothes including a guy with bare chest and running shorts- cold is relative. Did 4 miles- a bit faster than I've been doing lately- but not fast enough to race yet. Have been running every other day to avoid injuries and increase my speed. Alternating with a lot of walking and other activities at the gym. Seems to be working.

SteveP

Enke, I hope you find a prince with your glass running shoe.

Two dog accompanied miles.

DW and I got news that a self employed neighbor fell off a roof he was working on. His eyes can follow fingers and he can squeeze with his hand.He's in a medical induced coma right now. Ugh. The people that found him guessed that it happened about 11:00 AM and he was not found until 7:00 PM. His wife didn't know where he was working and it took longer to find him.  As it had been raining off and on through the day, I can not imagine how he endured or what went through his mind. We may get a little busy. We can rake leaves, stack wood and cook enough for the lady next door. We'd still like to do more.

Leslie, I hope that Shorty lets you know where he's working and an ETA at home base.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, Posie is scheming the Avenue of the Giants marathon in May, of course! Lots of RA folks are going!

Oh yeah, thanks wildchild. 
          I think that’s the one divechief was going to ride me down to too but said he’s so sorry I’m going to be out-of-town and can’t attend, to say nothing of not telling spareribs about it being just dave and MMP with all the goddesses.
          <<<(tammy/leslie/mariposai/enke/wildchild/jeanne/thequilter/dg/deez/holly/andonandon)>>>>

ps - glad you got your gremlin back.

pps jay - Kathrine's web page says it was snowy and cold for the 1967 Boston Marathon.

. . . . hope it's better for your RD 5K this weekend.

ppps steve - prayers for your friend.

pppps D59/Slo: except today is yesterday for MikeMP over in Japan,.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke - sorry to hear the drama.  But just remember monsters inc - there's lots of doors out there.

+1

(((Steve's neighbor and family)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."