Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ on the Run - w/e 01/02 (Read 547 times)

Good morning to everyone,

Sorry for (as my kids would say) dipping out on everyone. You can only post so much and say so much of non-running related topics so I just thought I would  focus on other things. Things haven't been right since my 1/2 almost a year ago. IT band problems that were relentless........you can put the violin away nowSmile

Hoping for a new year of successful running, have been really working on the stretching but can only go 2 miles at the most for now but that is still better then no running at all. Boy do I miss it!

Congrats to your runs, races, accomplishments, mileage and all of life's things that go with it!

Enjoy the rest of your week and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE......

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

flatland mountaineer

Joe congrats on Y 3K!! and I'd keep an eye on that cat

Jewels very glad you popped in!! How's the fam??

Arla which race are you tapering for?

Leslie we spend money on our spoiled pets cause they're worth it!! this from a hard farm boy.

Carol lots of canines in the house One Dessa Lou is all we can handle. We had our fist growling roughhouse session last nite. Sounded like she was gonna take my leg off but boy she was having fun. Her code word to stop is chill and she went flat to the floor and was sweet as soda pop. Our girl is gowing up. :-)

A hearty congrats on all your athletic achievements, and not letting your diabetes hold you back.

jc

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Huskers looked impressive last nite.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Huskers looked impressive last nite.

Thanks EV

They are Baaack!! 

nice to see Crick, Dillard, Assante and others on the D get some recognition, Suh is da Man but he had some help. When you think of the 4 -1 point losses they were really close to contending for a nat champ, bodes well for the future. Things could have gone down hill fast after that fumble fest at IA state, but the team and coaches didn't give up on themselves.

Hopefully Texas will shine against Alabama, can't believe I just said that. I am so not a TX fan!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Yay! Good to see some missing peeps today! Been missing you Jewels,and Arla too! Leslie, I hope your kitties are better and I feel bad about the whole  "devil cat" jokes now. Besides,as you can see from the picture,Buddy doesn't seem the least bit concerned. Anyway.....

Here's Wishing Everyone a Safe and Happy New Year's Holiday to You and Your Families!

Top 'O the World!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! May 2010 bring blessings & prosperity your way! Wink Cross-training today looks like 8.5 hrs of solid, back-to-back massages!!
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy New Year's eve to all.  and Best wishes to all for a healthy and happy year of both running AND real life.

Ev--I have to say that Nebraska was so good I lost interst pretty early.  Not like Idaho/BG that was on before--that coach has some big ones

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Joe - I loved the picture of your cat and dog!  Those eyes were a crack up.  Showed my office mate over at my other job.  She got a good giggle out of it, too.  Naw, we know it's just a matter of time for Fats.  He's a really good run, was the bada$$ on the block for a number of years.  He's lived a good life.  Now we just want to keep him comfortable.  He's grown quite attached to the heating pad.

Jim - Dessa Lou sounds like a really good pup if you can make her calm down with "chill."

JEWELS!!  HEY THERE!  I've been thinking about you a lot lately.  It's really good to hear from you.  Here's to a better running year for you in 2010.

Arla - Bummer that you're tapering at the end of some good eating episodes.  Just think of it as extra "energy."

30 min of cycling, followed by 30 min of TRX-ing.  I'm not doing something completely right with the single-legged squat, so I'll have to have a chat with Coach Saturday while we're banging out 22 miles.  Otherwise, it was a great workout.  Each time I do the triceps exercise I am reminded why I have some wingage going on.  Cripes!

A Safe and Happy New Year to each of you!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

And OMG!!   So there I am this afternoon.  Cruising the cracker/cookie aisle at Winco, looking for anything that might be appealing for my long trails runs, when what before my eyes do I see?!?  TIM TAMS!!!!  No freaking way!!!  The Cookie of all Cookies.  The God of Cookies. Formerly only available in Australia - here they were.  Brought to me by Pepperidge Farms! . . . . . I bought two packages and had one open before I even started the car.  And yes, they are just as good as I remember them being when we were Down Under.

All I can say about them is, oh . . . my.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Happy New Year to evryone!

Hey Jewels.....great to hear from you.  I know you'll get a handle on the ITB issues soon. 

Leslie.....gonna have to find me some of those TimTams.  I've got to meet the God of all cookies!

I intend to get back out there today and get some miles in. 

More family coming in today so will be rockin' and rollin' through the weekend.

Here's to continued happiness to all of you!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie--I had to look them up, as I hadn't remembered them from my visits down under.  I found that Wikipedia had this to say about US distribution:

Tim Tams were introduced to the U.S.A. through Pepperidge Farm as a promotional item from November 2008 to March 2009.[4] They were sold through Target stores only; varieties offered were Original (sold as Chocolate Crème) and Caramel. Pepperidge Farm re-released these two varieties with Classic Dark 19th October 2009. This time the Original and Caramel varieties are available in supermarkets other than Target. They will be available in the U.S.A. until March 2010 and at the same time every year.

Guess you better stock up

Happy New Year's to all. 

Top 'O the World!

Quiet in here.......hmmmm, what is it about Saturdays? I'm workin' but did manage 3.6 on the dreadmill before the 1st client came in..... & I guess I could share that I started off the new year in fine form... Yest am, while enrt work in patchy ground blizzard conditions, I hit a bit of a snowdrift @ a little too fast a speed...., interrupting my journey to work by 4 hours while I waited for DH & friend to come flip me back on my wheels, adjust the door, kick the snow out & have some lunch... I still haven't cleaned up all the pretzels that got released throughout the car! I wasn't hurt at all (gentle roll) & the car isn't too badly damaged - Doug can probably knock it out well enough. Hope this isn't a harbinger for the upcoming year!!!
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Boy, Cindy--talk about your rugged westerners    Pretty casual for a rollover.  I think I might have lost more than a few pretzels.   Glad you AND the car are OK.  You need some of your compatriot's work on you to loosen you up?

Dang, Cindy!  Way to ring in the new year.  Yeah, and I agree with Stumpy.  Don't think I could've been so casual about a "rollover." . . . . but then what you deal with on a daily basis with your family, this was nuthin', shweethot!

Stumpy - The Tim Tams are only available 'til March?!?  Yep, I'm gonna have to stock up.  Eating a couple right now, as a matter of fact.  This says it all -

22 trail miles today, with the first 17 total agony for Karen.  For once it was she who made the HUGE mistake and not me.  And yes, I've taken a bit of glee from the situation . . . and she knows it.   She did a hard strength training on Thurs, ran her 10 miles yesterday instead of tomorrow AND didn't refuel well yesterday, and was totally dying toward the end of the 17.  She gutted those out though, which made me quite proud of the ole gal.   Needless to say, the first 17 took a bit of time, and I ended up completing the whole 22 in 5:59:49.  Yes, UNDER 6 hrs.  Barely under, but I'm taking it.

When her sister was here at Christmas, she taught Karen a new way of climbing hills when walking.  It seems like it's going to help take a lot of strain off the calves, which is going to be very nice.  I do think, however, that I slightly strained a muscle in the bottom of my foot, so it's off to ice, ice, baby.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

I've been on the wrong track for a lot of years. Now, off to Target........

Roll 'em Cindy! You Mountain Chicks are pretty tough. When you live and work where you do, I guess it comes in handy! happy you're ok from dat!

Tough going Ev for your Cowboys. Tight game up into the 4th quarter. Going to be a war tomorrow too in Philly. Div title on the line?

Nice long run Leslie. 22 miler is very impressive.hopin' your foot's better.

Nice muddy 7er with the Budster yesterday on a little bit of snow, mild 38*, no wind. Today was more mph than degrees day with 40mph winds and around 28* at run time. Me? shorts and a singlet and college football games while I did 16m on the tm. Not ashamed of it really, just a slightly different flavor of running when it's really crappy out.