Masters Running

Mondaily 8 Jan (Read 41 times)

TammyinGP

Hello!

DH is fine today. He even felt fine yesterday, just exhausted.  he was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope.  basically, you pass out because your body overreacts to certain triggers. It's what happens to some people that might faint at the sight of blood or needles because that's a trigger for them.  In DH's case, his extreme low abdominal pain he was experiencing just prior to this happening, caused his body to respond and divert all blood to that area of his body, he had a sudden and huge drop in blood pressure, he got lightheaded due to lack of blood/oxygen flow and passed out.  The part that befuddles him is that he has a very high pain tolerance and he has certainly been in situations before of high pain and never passed out. But we have complex bodies that responds to different situations in different ways. It was such a crazy thing to have happened.

Tammy

Glad you checked out the store, Doug!  We have over 2200 stores and no national competition.  The pet food and supplies are awesome and much less expensive than other places.  The locations are scouted very carefully and with sophisticated formulas, so odds are it will do well.  They do a lot of national advertising, too, which gets the word out about the range of products.  Even with my less than fun last 6 months, I really believe it is a great company and really serves a need in the communities where the stores are located.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

Tammy-wonderful news. Glad Kim is okay. I had a similar episode about 6 months ago. - in fact about 2 episodes a a couple of episodes a few months apart and none since. We attributed it to dehydration but it might have been a Vasovagal attack.

evanflein lol! That is pretty funny. I am just wondering what you thought to yourself as you chopped up your third and then fourth pound.  Usually, I stop at two russet potatoes, or three Yukon golds. With just DW and me, we still have a few left after that.

TammyinGP good news on the DH front. Glad he is fine. Seeing him passed out must have been very scary.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tammy- I’m so glad to hear this good report.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tammy-wonderful news. Glad Kim is okay. I had a similar episode about 6 months ago. 

Henry - glad it worked out okay.

Me too about 12 years ago in a very crowded Tokyo Station after a very hectic work morning that had dragged on into the early afternoon when I got dizzy in Tokyo Station rushing on the way to train to a Mt. Fuji view onsen hot springs, grabbed a pillar and spun around down to the floor thinking that this is what it's like when the time comes but, fortunately, woke up on the medic cart I'd previously seen taking others to the station clinic.  Diagnosis: dehydration from being too busy to stop at the any of the millions of streetside vending machines, etc. in the stations, etc. on a hot summer day.

. . . are re-gifting to our DS#3 to congratulate him on his great first two years of studying for his Master's Degree.

BTY - Very nice. sounds like KSA's half-year birthdays.

I guess it depends on the years of research needed for whatever resarch topic the student choses but how many years are the master's degrees there?

I didn't know it until today but my PT had dual Michigan/Washington colors for no matter who wins too.  Scattering of maize and blue hats and jackets here and there in the area too but everything else Husky purple and gold.  We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, glad to hear Kim is okay!

Enke, cold rain sounds pretty unpleasant!   Here, we have cold snow, which is better, I think.  It was 15 degrees and snowing lightly, and I ran about 6 miles.  Mostly I ran in tire tracks, since it snowed quite a bit since the plow came through this morning.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

C-R

Glad the docs figured it out Tammy. 

Ended up running 6.2 with some club friends tonight in clear but cold conditions. Planned on 5 and mis read my garmin and added another mile. My friends were ok with it as the conversation was good. 

Now for some football and chilli

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran 9 miles, including 12x.25 mile intervals, then worked out with Zac.  I'm not sure what I said or did, but Zac started out in a good mood then, all of a sudden, he was kind of quiet for the rest of the evening... I didn't feel like asking him what was wrong.  We still had a good workout.

Okay--that's all I got. See ya!

BTY

BTY - Very nice. sounds like KSA's half-year birthdays.

I guess it depends on the years of research needed for whatever resarch topic the student choses but how many years are the master's degrees there?

I wish I knew!  He's been working full time in order to pay for his studies, with no help from us.  He's been going almost full time to college at the same time.   He originally thought he'd be finishing his degree this coming December, but decided that the three classes he's been doing is just too much, and will drop it to two classes this spring, one this summer, and two next fall.  I think, but am not sure, that he will then finish in the spring or maybe summer of 2025.

I got in a strength workout tonight but only about a half of a swim workout - 1750 yards or just shy of a mile.   I mostly wanted to make sure I got in some repeats wearing the nose clip and doing flip turns, and I accomplished that, which made it worth the trip.

tammy//...........so glad to hear he's ok

at least

when you know what it is, you can deal with it

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....