Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 2.7.18 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Managed to repel the bed magnet this morning

Not me.  What is it with my lack of motivation this winter?  A winter storm overnight had the schools closed, and DS found that his college had a 10am opening (later to be closed for the day), and I had a dr apt that meant a little bit later leaving the house.  I thought about the kids getting to sleep in, and the noisy treadmill in the garage under their bedrooms, and decided to go back to bed for an hour and let them sleep.  Then, DH fired up the snow blower at 5:45am and basically negated the effort.  However, I still dozed in the cold bedroom under a mountain of covers for another hour, getting up in time for about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Tammy - scary stuff!  Glad he will be okay.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, total of 8 today (5 in the AM, 3 in the PM) at an easy pace (both) followed by teaching spin.  Lot of walking at work today.  We had the ground breaking ceremony for our new hangar.....after they demolish the old one.  And it's big, it was built to allow two B-52s to be parked "beak to beak" (although their tails extended past the doors on each side).  It was built in the early to mid-1950s (asbestos anyone?) and is the largest structure on base.  It will be torn down and a new, larger hangar built for the new aircraft.  Supposed to be finished before the first new aircraft arrive in early Spring 2020.  FWIW, I'm betting the over....on both.

Tammy, scary story.  He was even further along than my older brother (similar story, but his wife forced him to go to the hospital earlier....and no misdiagnosis either).  Glad he's going to be ok.

DS#2 turned 25 today.

Have a great night everyone!

5.1 EZ

that single leg squat thing; years ago someone said that fewer than  1 in 20 people can stand on one leg, go down into a full squat, and stand up again, without touching the other leg/foot to the ground or falling over. Cool balance and strength exercise.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

that single leg squat thing; years ago someone said that fewer than  1 in 20 people can stand on one leg, go down into a full squat, and stand up again, without touching the other leg/foot to the ground or falling over. Cool balance and strength exercise.

Now I'm going to have to try that in the morning!!

4.2 morning miles followed by a fun day in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs and Naples!!

Tammy glad your brother is ok!

denise

evanflein

Yes, Tammy glad your brother got the care he needed. Really could've been tragic if he took the urgent care clinic's diagnosis to heart.... My MIL had something similar, although self-imposed. She was feeling poorly and thought she had a UTI so finally went to the urgent care clinic where they called an ambulance and had her taken to the hospital! Turns out she not only had a raging UTI (with temp of 104° ) but she also was in A-fib and that explained her weakness and not feeling "peppy" (her term). They put her on I/V antibiotics and a beta blocker, then an ultra sound of her heart. She's feeling better after the meds and is spending the night in the A-fib lab, but she thought she'd just give things another day to see if she felt better. Good grief.

32 minutes of pool running today. I don't know... it's getting pretty old already. Might try my recumbent bike this weekend just to try something different.

SteveP

SteveP, does A Doggie know about the ice cream ban? Or doesn't it apply to him?

He's cut back, but not banned.

Tammy, best wishes for your brother. Iv'e googled my symptoms after reading your post. I'm lucky if I make it through the rest of the week.

EZ 2.

SteveP