Masters Running

Hello rainy Monday May 2, 2022 (Read 40 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Well, in the absence of something from the Easterns, looks like everyone's gonna be stuck with another rainy day daily from beloved PNW rain country where, even though our 49F was close to the fifties when I would never wear gloves, I poncho'ed up and got soaked through the gloves and almost everything' else anyway sploshing around the neighborhood.

Very good for the flowers, though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

Enjoy your rain, Tet!  It's snowing here.  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks, tet.  A perfect day here- 56 and sunny when I went out to run.  Got 5.2 and then walked a half mile to inch on down the road on the GVRAT.   I think I'm mainly OK from the COVID booster.  Ken feels achy and had chills in the night, but he's up and about.  My legs are tired from the weekend running.  My arm is sore from the shot.

Nice 50K, Carolyn!    And, Steve, I'm glad the baptism went well.  I know everyone was glad to see you.

Catch y'all later.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Enjoy your rain, Tet!  It's snowing here.  

Bummer!

Steve as a Godfather?  Hmmmm......that could go wrong in so many ways....

Just kidding, Steve, I know you will be awesome!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Good morning.

Thanks for the start, tet.

Only did a quick skim of the last few days threads but I'll go back later.

We took a long weekend to Maryland's Chesapeake Bay shore for a race for TriBee.  We had gorgeous weather. Dead flat course (though a little windy) and she cruised along at about 20 mph for 25 miles, which was good enough for 3/6 in the 55+ AG--the oldest group.  We did some easy rides through the nearby Blackwater Wildlife Refuge and just chilled.

Didn't get any running done this weekend, though, so I did a 5-mile run this morning. Bright sunshine and warm temps--already in the 70s. It'll be  time for me to start slowing down for the summer, soon.

Have a great week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

Weights at Planet Fitness this morning for me.

I know we all like to joke about how the weather forecasters get things wrong, but on Saturday they were off dramatically. I watched the local news in the morning and they called for light scattered showers through 9:00 AM.  It ended up raining hard all day. Someone told me that their rain gauge showed 3 inches of rain on Saturday. How can they miss by that much?

By request:

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/279326664_10226942581766072_4763364461156399725_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=UGKghZQUIIAAX_kCWRw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=00_AT8xAvMSfGTsg1VDnJj9crNY4W5IWnuQqBzteICtRPAc1A&oe=627548C2

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thanks, Dave.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - 

I love that Tet has the purpliest yard in the neighborhood - wish I could see a picture.

Today I got outside for a 1-mile walk, with some short slow jogging to test the foot.  It ached a little after a short time, so I backed off, and will see how it feels tomorrow.  Then I did some lower body weights and a few core exercises.  Not a lot, but something.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Another update. Doing a lot of leg stretching as prescribed by home PT. Getting out for about 1 mile of cane assisted walking daily. Just went for 24 period of no pain pills (Aleve and Tylenol). I do tire easily, so get a lot of short naps during the day and sleeping better at night. 
                    We went to a restaurant for lunch- same one we went to just before surgery.

Rain coming next 2 days. Will just continue walking the hallways.

coastwalker

Hi Masters.

Thanks for the rainy start, Tet. I hope you had fun puddle-jumping.

Snow???

Nice IRC run, KSA. I hope Ken is better by now.

Good racing for Tribee over the weekend, including some AG hardware, and a good sunshine run for Tramps his morning.

Good one, Dave.

Keep up the good work, Holly.

You're doing great, Henrun. I'm glad you're off the pain meds.

My heard skipped a few beats when I read Mariposai's diagnosis a couple of days ago, and then it got back on line when I read she is cancer-free!

Did Wildchild just throw in a 50K just because??

Great RR, Tammy, and congrats on the AG hardware. As Roch said - that was a great old-timey RR.

It was great to see Joe here again.

We had a meeting with the Board of Selectmen in a neighboring town this morning to try to get their support for a proposal for their town. After over an hour of discussion with a lot of negative comments from the Selectmen, we thought we were dead in the water. As we were getting up to leave, the Town Manager asked them if they wanted to vote on our proposal. So they did, and everyone voted in favor of it. On the way out the door, I asked my partner to explain to me what just happened.

We had a great time with our weekend relatives one of DW's DS and her DH), but didn't get everything done. They brought us some 3D printers from a brother who passed away a few months ago, and we were supposed to try to figure out how to get them working. We had no time for that, so the printers just go left here. So in our spare time...

I got out for 4.8 EZ predawn miles this morning. Nothing was too achy when I got back, so I was happy with that.

Have a greta Monday (what's left of it).

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Okay, we did not get snow. But rain it did. Plus rain it will. Rain, rain, rain into the foreseeable future.  Cold, too. Did I mention cold? Wind? Yes, that too. Great year to be a duck in my town. Not so great if you want to go out for a run. Tomorrow we are supposed to have periods of clouds without rain. I will try then.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

(((Mariposai))

1.4 mile walk, busy work day caring for a home birth patient gone bad, pouring rain as I left so took the shuttle

10 min res bands core, 10 min glutes/legs

That’s all I got!! Goodnight friends!!

denise

SteveP

Tet - Sorry it's soggy.

Steve as a Godfather?  Hmmmm......that could go wrong in so many ways....

I can only image what SIL's side of the family is thinking!

Holly - I hope the test run run was a success.

Go TriBee!!!!

Henrun - The progress you are making is greta.

We had a meeting with the Board of Selectmen in a neighboring town this morning to try to get their support for a proposal for their town. After over an hour of discussion with a lot of negative comments from the Selectmen, we thought we were dead in the water. As we were getting up to leave, the Town Manager asked them if they wanted to vote on our proposal. So they did, and everyone voted in favor of it. On the way out the door, I asked my partner to explain to me what just happened.

Love it!!!

I got 5 miles in.  SIL brought a roller for her garage door to the baptism.  Sadly, it was not a gift for grandchild #7.  It was a chore for me!!!  I really don't think they are supposed to be in a plastic bag, but should actually be attached to the garage door.  Maybe that's just me.

I stopped at the local hardware store after work: "Hiya Steve.  What are you after?".

"I'd like to see your nuts."

The guy starts acting all crazy.

93 cents and 45 minutes later, the door is operational again.

SteveP

late post-

Friends' DW is still OK, no nausea

our main problem

is they're working on roads,

and

they got stuck in traffic an hour trying to get to their appt in Nashville

============

82-degrees

60-min at soccerfields, trailboots and RCs

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....