Masters Running

Saturday 4.9.16 (Read 35 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

But I bet there will be no energy left tonight for the pillow fight, Holly!  

So...that's what we're calling it, now?

Hello everybody!

Happy birthday, Henry!

Nice job on the 10k Stumpy!  You knew you weren't at your best, but you did it anyway.  I hope you make the paper.

Good luck, tomorrow, Holly!

I am very sorry you had to miss your race, Tammy.  But I'll bet the news from David more than makes up for it.  How cool is that?!  Well...it's very cool, that's how cool it is!

Thanks for your thoughts concerning the plan.  Just so you know, it's not starting anything from scratch.  They only want an addition.  I've started working on it but they are trying to do some things that, structurally, don't work.  I hate saying that, because, anything can be done...but the cost to make it work just won't be worth what they're going to be getting.  And I will charge them...just not near enough.

Well--I am giving Starr all the credit for my run, today.  After doing 16 on Thursday and 16 on Friday, I headed out for another 16.  It only took a mile before I knew it was going to be a long day.  As I approached the 3 mile mark, I seriously thought about turning around and calling it a day.  But then I thought about Starr's post and how she stuck it out, so I kept on going.  I ran the second half about 4 minutes faster than the first and did the whole thing faster than the ones on Thursday and Friday.  Thanks Starr!

Okay--Debbie just called--she's on her way home from work, so I'd better get upstairs and wash the dishes I dirtied, today....otherwise, there will be no chance of any pillow fighting in this house.  See ya!

So...that's what we're calling it, now?

Well--I am giving Starr all the credit for my run, today.  After doing 16 on Thursday and 16 on Friday, I headed out for another 16.  It only took a mile before I knew it was going to be a long day.  As I approached the 3 mile mark, I seriously thought about turning around and calling it a day.  But then I thought about Starr's post and how she stuck it out, so I kept on going.  I ran the second half about 4 minutes faster than the first and did the whole thing faster than the ones on Thursday and Friday.  Thanks Starr!

Okay--Debbie just called--she's on her way home from work, so I'd better get upstairs and wash the dishes I dirtied, today....otherwise, there will be no chance of any pillow fighting in this house.  See ya!

Aw shucks, Mike, you are unstoppable with those 16 milers! Glad I could help keep you motivated. Hope tomorrow is a rest day for you. I showed MrStarr your race schedule for May and he wondered if you know that was 4 days in a row.

Nice run on the trails today Enke, glad your shoes worked out better for you today on your toe. I know what you mean about the pain being worse when stopping to walk. My toe does the same thing. Oh, big toenails are overrated. MrStarr had his removed two years ago and does not have any pain at all anymore.    MBE deserves to be tired after that long ride, yikes!  Pillow fighting, eh?

G' night

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

are doing a 16 miler change?

Did you finish your chores before DW showed up?

No, I will not ask about the pillow fight results.

16 miles for me today. Off to Seattle tomorrow for a grueling week of seminar.

Cheers,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy Birthday King Henry!

82?

When did you start running?

Was it for racing or fitness?

You have no idea what a good example

and inspiration you are for so many of us.

MikeE - if you're not an architect and it's not your source

of income, and you like drawing up plans for the fun, enjoyment

and satisfaction of it, why not do it for free when you get a chance?

If you figure out how not to, let me know.

enke - such huge weekly mileages.

Is Mr. BE training for something?

However, I bet he's thinking

of the upcoming pillow fight

every stroke of the way.

ps - I guess he knows what he's doing but maybe make sure his routes have wide shoulders, if any around here, and make sure that what he wears is highly visible.  I don't know about pillow fights though.

pps posie - unless you're workin' 14 hours a day,

there might be time for some early morning runs

in the dawn and sunrise at 6am or evening time

with the sunset and dusk at 8pm.

However, unless you have lots of illumination,

running at night is simply not safe.

good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Happy Birthday King Henry!

82?

When did you start running?

Was it for racing or fitness?

You have no idea what a good example

and inspiration you are for so many of us.

Thank you Tet and everyone for my birthday wishes. I started running just before I turned 40. A neighbor teenager told me about an upcoming race nearby and wanted a training partner. It sounded like fun, so we ran around the culdesac and I was hooked.

Mike E

MM #5615

Thank you Tet and everyone for my birthday wishes. I started running just before I turned 40. A neighbor teenager told me about an upcoming race nearby and wanted a training partner. It sounded like fun, so we ran around the culdesac and I was hooked.

That's a cool story, Henry.  Do you know if that kid still runs?  He would be in 50s now, right?

New skirt in town

Late to the game, but HUGH birthday wishes to Henry!!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Henrun

Mike, that "kid" just celebrated his 60th birthday and, as far as I know, no longer runs.