Masters Running

Wed Aug 5 Runs and Workouts (Read 320 times)

evanflein

You can always start a run on auto and then switch to manual while the run is in progress once you get to the track and switch it back after the track work.  Just hit stop and go to the auto lap menu and turn it off or on.  As long as you don't reset by holding the lap button down for the required time or turn the power off, all the run data remains intact as you stop and switch between auto lap and munual.  (I only use auto lap by distance) I wish there was an auto lap by time feature

Lots of cool features!

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/984_OwnersManual.pdf

Um, yeah, Steve, if I could remember to do all that I'd be able to just count my laps! I can't even remember to switch from bike to running when using it for more than one thing... 

I think of my Garmin as a relatively accurate speedometer. I do not consider it a precision device, which is fine with me.

7.12 tempo miles tonight, 7:14's, last three sub-7. At least that's what the Garmin said.

Walt

WRFB & PDR each of the last days leading up to the birth seem to take FOREVER

Tammy, I always have issues too, if I'm walking though it seems dead on, when I'm running it always seems to go to .26, no clue as to why it got worse for you

Been scarce these last few days, been SICK with a head cold, I skipped lunch and dinner yesterday, just couldn't swallow.  So I definitely didn't run yesterday, I thought I'd switch it up and rest yesterday and run today but I was still sick this morning and I didn't want to overdo it, especially with a long run on Sat.  I'm feeling human again and will run easy tomorrow.  We'll see if I take Fri as my normal rest day or go for a short easy run.

So this is going on three weeks of carpy training, first I had a trip and week from he!!#$% when I traveled to CA, the following week I was dealing with an achilles issue, and now this week I got this lovely cold from the kiddos.  I'm trying to be positive but it really stinks to lose 3 weeks of training.  On the positive side, there's still 6 weeks until the marathon and I got in some really good training before everything started to go downhill.  Hopefully I'll post about some running tomorrow.

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

Maniac 505

RS:  sorry to hear that.

I did an easy 8 today,  getting closer to 9 minutes/mile for an easy pace,  probably be there in another month or so if I can keep come consistancy.  everything is still feeling pretty goodl.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

In the absence of my friend Mr. Pink's avatire, to say nothing of SF update,

I hereby vow to wear what the local paper captioned our "bright pink bathrobes."

"where did those pink guys go?"

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

The smoke is really bad today. The kids had their respective practices, but the XC team did 50 meter sprints in the hallway of the school, and then some other drills. All inside. The soccer team just did "set drills" for corner kicks and penalty shots, nothing strenuous. Still, the air quality is pretty bad. So, after lots of errands, I just barely had time to squeeze out 3.4 miles on the treadmill. Sure hope this clears up soon, but we need a couple of weeks of steady rain because we are now ringed with fires on all sides. No matter what direction the wind blows, we get smoke. Please send rain.