Masters Running

Thu Sep 18 Runs and Workouts (Read 512 times)

I am dismayed to find so many baseball haters here. They are swarming out of the walls like cockroaches in an old tenement. As Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss said the other day, "Let the haters keep on hating." I for one won't put up with it another minute--I'm outta here! Angry Till I come back later to post my workout, that is. Edited to add: It's great to see Econo again! Smile Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I just ordered my "S" caps - thanks Karin and Cheffy! I'm anxious to give them a try. I also just found where I can get some SportStrips Tim, I mean Dave and I'll give those a try this weekend and report back on them. Did Craneium say something?? Oh Roy!! Evil grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

<snore,> uh? …oh…sorry. All this talk about baseball just made me doze off for a moment. Good one, Dave. As a hockey fan you’ll appreciate this: my suggestion for improving baseball: after a hit, batters get to keep the bat to help them make it past the defenders on each base. No stopping on bases; you must try to make it home every time. There may be a need for additional padding on infielders. Half-hour, 45 minutes tops, game’s over. (Dicky, can’t we work in some rasslin’ too?) Hi, Enke, Erika, Roy, Mary, Carolyn, Holly, lamerunner…..gettin’ crowded over here in the corner. Econo! Hi there!
        Tramps, in reference to your spider web problem: wasn't there someone on CR who talked about carrying a stick while running through the woods to whack spider webs?
        Tom—yeah, when I walk this trail I carry a stick because I can spot the web in time and pull it down. When running, though, I feel the webs hit me before I even see them, so in running I’d have to be constantly waving a stick ahead of me like some raving lunatic. [insert joke here] In fact, I don’t run this trail often and the problem is only during certain times of the year. I just made a passing reference to it and Wildchild, Enke, Ribs and other bullies on this site decided to pile on at my expense. This is a good lesson for Cheffy though. (Welcome, by the way!) Those people who greet you nicely now will turn on you like a pack of wolves if given the chance. Beware. (Not me, of course.)
        ..glad that we don't grow spiders that big here in CO! Shocked
        Et tu, Mtnchk? (sigh) </snore,>

Be safe. Be kind.

lamerunner

All women in the corner except Roy!
            6 miles in total, running at the track; IRC 70 degrees, light wind from the northeast, low humidity, sunny 5 miles of biking to/from track 5x800M-3:10>3:00 (av3:05)--rest ~1:30 5x400M-1:27>1:21 (av 1:25)--rest 2-3min 5x200M-39>37sec (av 38sec)--rest 3-3:30 tired, hungry... Have a nice evening everyone!
            Tramps

All women in the corner except Roy!
              I'm confident enough in my masculinity to ignore this post.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

<snore,> uh? …oh…sorry. All this talk about baseball just made me doze off for a moment. Hi, Enke, Erika, Roy, Mary, Carolyn, Holly, lamerunner…..gettin’ crowded over here in the corner. </snore,>
                this just keeps getting better. hi Tramps! I'm here too. we almost have enough for a .... oh, never mind.
                DickyG

So Ribs...you've beaten both Rogers AND Shorter? Not me. About 30 years ago, the two of them were 1-2 in the Peachtree...Shorter won, Rogers second, I think Lasse Viren was thrid or fouth...they wacked me by about 9-10 minutes. When I got home & was asked how it felt to run against those guys, I answered "How should I know? I saw them on TV just like you." Cheffy: Welcome to the group...nice bunch here...except for Sarge who owes me money. DickyG
                  TammyinGP

<snore,> uh? …oh…sorry. All this talk about baseball just made me doze off for a moment. </snore,>
                    no kidding. It's football season afterall and I see no football talk whatsoever. Undecided

Tammy

dg.

Lots of confidence building runs today as we near marathon time. Lou..Nice MP run Tim.. peaking at the right time.. nice repeats! Tramps.. I clicked on your link to a free pool of money and I'm still poor... This leg injury seems to be coming around.. after running 6 miles yesterday it was cranky off and on during the day and felt really good yesterday evening. So I ran 9.2 miles this morning in 1:24:59 (9:14 pace, AHR 152) and it was feeling better as the run progressed so I could do some powerful strides which really helped untangle the nerves and tendons. Afterwards it felt prety good. Knocking on wood... One part of the run, around mile 6-7, I noticed that I was barely breathing at all and it seemed effortless at 8:40 pace. That was wonderful. oh.. and it was IRC, 57F.
                      sorry for the slow response... i just got to page 2... Yes Yes Yes
                      wildchild

Carolyn

The daily is a riot today! If only the people who don't like political or religious discussions could go stand nicely in a corner together instead of complaining and stomping off in a huff...They could learn something from us baseball haters! Cool I know better than to run when its 78 degrees out, but I have to go grocery shopping after work, so I went at lunchtime for 5.5 very hot, slow miles. There's very little shade to be found at noon in east Denver - all hot, grassy open fields, and where there are trees, they don't cast much shadow at noon. I was running on a dirt trail, and at about mile 2 I tripped on a rock and fell. Luckily I landed in the grass next to the trail. I ran "topless" (just for you, Tim! Big grin) so when I fell, I got grass seeds stuck all over my sweaty side. Now I'm kind of itchy. For the last mile I resorted to Teresa's 1-minute run, 1-minute walk, and it helped.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm not so big on baseball either. Now gymnastics, on the other hand...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TammyinGP

The daily is a riot today! If only the people who don't like political or religious discussions could go stand nicely in a corner together instead of complaining and stomping off in a huff...They could learn something from us baseball haters! Cool
                            actually, we haven't had a good hottub party here in a LONG time, so I say all who hate baseball, and want to avoid religion and politics should join me in the hottub Cool

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

Only if there's Margaritas in there! Evil grin
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                              lamerunner

Sorry Tramps, you snuck in there too.