Masters Running

Pounds-be-gone goal thread (Read 514 times)

#artbydmcbride

I am a lithe, runnerly, down-a-pound gazelle!   

Runners run

Tramps

Now we're talking! 

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

My DH has a great attitude about weight. He says he gets out of the shower and looks at his reflection in the mirror and says "What is, is. Thank you God."

And then does he play "helicopter?"

(sorry Jlynne - I'm having a silly moment - )

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

I'm with Jlynne.  Shouldn't there be more positive imaging? Graceful gazelles and the like?  This is supposed to be about feeling good, not beating up on ourselves.

Hey, to quote myself at the massage therapist's earlier this week, "I love my body."  She was stretching my hamstrings and commented how amazing they are, and that was my response.  She burst out laughing.  She said she never hears that from any of her clients. 

My bod isn't perfect, but it is strong, fairly pretty and I've had the luck to inhabit it for the last 32 years (I stopped growing at 12).  

On the other hand, there's the part of me that eats like a linebacker. Perhaps I was in a much bigger body last time around?  Who knows!  And that's the part I may rail at occasionally on this thread.  I want to eat like a  bird.  I just sometimes have an appetite like a ravenous <insert favorite big mammal here>. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

200.5 pounds.  I'm wondering if September 12 could mark my first race as a non-Clydesdale.  Maybe...

I got on one of the health check machines at the grocery store. The blood pressure was good...My BMI said I was obese!!!I wanted to pick the machine up over my head and throw it.

It's probably use to the other 99.9% of the people who use it actually being obese.  It was confused.

Women's body images.  I blame it on TV, magazines, etc.  "Drink Diet Coke and you'll look like <insert gorgeous chick>!"  "Eat nothing but salads and you'll like like <insert annoyingly gorgeous (maybe anorexic) chick!>" Sometimes it's a tough thing to get past, and it's not the same for the guys (sorry, guys, but it's true).  TV shows - it's the overweight, funny looking dude with the beautiful wife (case in point, "King of Queens"  "Still Standing").  Never the other way around.  I try really hard not to let all this get into my brain, but sometimes it does.

But it's when I stand in front of a full length mirror that I realize that I DO have a nice body.  We don't have a full length at home, so this only  happens if I'm clothes shopping.  Hmmmm - maybe that means I need to shop more.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

I'd like to down a gazelle quarter pounder with cheese.

SteveP

But it's when I stand in front of a full length mirror that I realize that I DO have a nice body.  We don't have a full length at home, so this only  happens if I'm clothes shopping.  Hmmmm - maybe that means I need to shop more.

this means you should shop naked. 

this means you should shop naked. 

Well, now wouldn't that be interesting!  And maybe a little horrifying to some. 

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance