Masters Running

Thur Sept 4 Runs and workouts (Read 444 times)

munchkn883

Not sure how far I walked, but think it was about 3.5. It felt good, but was so hot and I got a little sick on my stomach. Finished anyway and then drank some water and took it easy....feel much better now.
      Tetsujin, at least both of your feet are off the ground!! And you are one of the poster boys, since your photo showed up on their website randomly while I was tooling around there. Actually not all my photos are bad, but when they are bad, they are horrid.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I wasn't dreaming after all <>white swan in graceful flight)>>>.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

White swan slowly drowning.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

....whiling away the time at Washington National and on to my next flight... Tet and Enke! I think both photos look great and I have my new prescription lenses on too. You should see some of my race photos....Ouch! Aamos! You are on! What do say Holly? A little run and then some singing, hmmm? Oh, and Tim, we're meeting at....OOPs, Gotta board my flight! Big grin
            wildchild

Carolyn

Enke and Tet, I think those are both good pictures! And Enke, you didn't just land on your foot, you're pushing off on the upward part of your stride! Wink I know what you mean about bad pictures being really bad - I had one where I looked (and felt) cross, tired, and like my legs were solid cellulite! But we all need to remember that races aren't beauty pageants, and most of us definitely do not look our best during or right after a race. (OK, some 20-something runners do, but that's not the point.) At the trail race I ran yesterday, I did notice before the race what a fit-looking bunch of people there were!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

I am so glad I sneaked in here this afternoon so I can see the pictures my two favorite runners!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks folks, but that was the actually the best one....we will save the worst one for Hallowe'en.

...dg//.......thanks, you're the only poster on 2 sites that caught that, I'm doing these around my house (which is wood floors, and rugs),,,,,,,hopefully the impact will be less, I don't need to get hurt again,,,,,,,and I DO need the extra intensity right now,,,,, .......ps.......some VERY impressive mileage on your part, just don't force it, ok?? that said, nice job.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Greta photos! Much better than most of mine--I never can get both feet off the ground and the skin on my thigh often is truly repulsive looking--reptilian, I'd describe it. (Note small, out of focus avatar..... Clowning around) Now, must go practice.......Stop! in the Name of Love {Doing little bouncy steps in time with the beat, here are the motions: put right arm straight out with palm flat on Stop!. then cross right arm over heart on Name, left hand crossed over chest on Love, then on "Before you Break my Heart," fling both arms out and down, palms down, bringing right arm up and shaking finger in schoolmarmish way on "Think it O-o-ver."} grins, A
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      evanflein

Reptilian Aamos... Big grin I have so few pictures of me that I like. When I run, no matter how I feel I always look like I'm on death's door. Holly's DH got some of me at Boston at mile 17 that are just awful. I looked at those and couldn't remember feeling so bad that I would look like that... ... sigh.... another Thursday that just won't end. Getting up early makes the end of the day drag on........

Marathon Maniac #957

Why are race photos always so wretched? If anyone can click the shutter during the microsecond both my feet are off the ground I'd give them 100 bucks. They seem to be able to catch the instant my foot hits the ground at maximum impact and all that loose 44 yr old skin goes south, looking like I am already starting to decompose, while miraculously I am actually still alive.
                          Big grin Big grin Okay, just spewed soda across my monitor on that one... Almost all of my race photos show me with my mouth hanging open like a fish....but honestly, both Enk's and Tet's photos look great to me, and Erika, I loved those photos of you in Boston. Let's see, I have them on this computer somewhere, I'll find one and post it and see what the others think.
                          Now, must go practice.......Stop! in the Name of Love {Doing little bouncy steps in time with the beat, here are the motions: put right arm straight out with palm flat on Stop!. then cross right arm over heart on Name, left hand crossed over chest on Love, then on "Before you Break my Heart," fling both arms out and down, palms down, bringing right arm up and shaking finger in schoolmarmish way on "Think it O-o-ver."} grins, A
                          Uh oh, it's getting late and I better get busy if I'm going to have this down my 5am. Smile Aamos and Karin - I'd LOVE to be the Supremes with you, but you probably wouldn't want to hear me sing.... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Has anyone else noticed Enke's new avatar? A photo of a wooden dock extending far out into a mist-covered lake ... the trick of perspective makes the dock seem to narrow into the distance ... the viewer's eye is led inexorably to the end of the dock, where it searches for the figure of Enke, for this is her avatar ... but the dock is empty, devoid of life, and the still waters of the lake reveal nothing. My frens, this is a desperate cry for help. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Because of my avatar and the race photo in my profile, I got labeled a moostronaut! Big grin Reminded me of junior high school.
                              dg.

...dg//.......thanks, you're the only poster on 2 sites that caught that, I'm doing these around my house (which is wood floors, and rugs),,,,,,,hopefully the impact will be less, I don't need to get hurt again,,,,,,,and I DO need the extra intensity right now,,,,, .......ps.......some VERY impressive mileage on your part, just don't force it, ok?? that said, nice job.
                                Tom, thanks. I can't even tell you how timely that was. the new additions have been taking their toll, & i was just trying to decide what to do tomorrow... btw. I hope everything is ok. don't want to pry. another btw. don't slip! //// fun thread today. wish i could have played more. is AAAAAAmos really meeting with Holly & Karin tomorrow? because if so I'm coming too! i'll just set up a lawn chair, bring my thermos of coffee, & watch & learn!