Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 04/19/09 (Read 299 times)

Totals later. I absolutely have to get through billing today. I hate billing. Dead Okay - Better late than never: Ev - 30 running miles. Taperin' quite nicely there, my friend. Eliz - 17 running miles, 4.0 walking miles. And in her own words, "best week so far in 2009." Way to go! Evanflein/Erick - 37.1 running miles, 1 hr 10 min pool running, walking and new shoes! Good luck at Boston!!! Dutchie - 21.3K running (approx. 13/14 miles), 13K biking (approx. 7-8 miles), abs 2x. You make me work on my metrics. Smile pfriese - 39.1 running miles. Gettin' 'her done quite nicely. dg - 18.4 running miles, free form walking through the corn fields, 3 hrs. 20 min. strength training, and "just" 38 min. & 24 seconds on the elliptical. Hope the PT makes a positive difference for you. nowar - 17.5 running miles and "stuff." A very nice week, indeed. fatozzig - 16.95 running miles and travel recovery. So are we still talkin' parties, 'cause I have a helluva dip. Will make you an instant invite to all parties and it's so frigging easy, it's ridiculous! (Just don't tell the folks over on the weight loss thread. Not exactly low cal. Roll eyes ) Take a microwave safe dish Dump in about a container of your favorite pesto sauce (the short, squatty size, not the HUGE size) Place on top of the pesto a round or wedge of Brie cheese Microwave until cheese just starts to soften Serve w/crackers or a sliced baguette Can be warmed up throughout the evening as necessary Don't tell anyone else what it is, otherwise everyone will end up bringing it to the party.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks, and welcome back Leslie. Monday - recovering from the weekend church music marathon Tuesday - 30 minutes weights and resistance training Wednesday - outlasted the rain to run 3.0 and walk 1.0 on a cool, damp evening - a lovely way to end the day Smile Thursday - 45 minutes resistance and Pilates Friday - ran 4; walked 1; another beautiful spring evening Smile Saturday - ran 9.5; walked 1; beautiful spring morning in the PA neighborhood; finished next to the field where the local little league opening ceremonies were just starting Sunday - fierce wind at the shore and long run yesterday, so no running; yoga tonight Two weeks 'til Broad Street and feeling good that I won't be last! (Sunday night - MTA - skipping the yoga to rest up for reading Boston RRs!) Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, good to have you back. Mon....60 minutes of chest/shoulders/biceps plus 20 minutes of abs and a 5.5K run. Tue....instead of running, I was hitting the books for a test I have to take next week. Figured it couldn't hurt to put some extra time in. I failed this test 3 times already. I feel prepared, but that's what I thought last time, and I failed anyways, big time! Wed..same Thu....same, not sure what else I can do except review review review. I'm so fed up with this course you know. Fri.....90 mi n of studying and 26:15min of TM interval running covering 4K Smile Sat....8.8K easy run with Spooky. Lovely run with clear view across the lake of Amsterdam. Added a 35min LB w/o, since I missed the planned one earlier this week. Probably regret that tomorrow Tongue Sun...Gorgeous morning! Started the day with an 18min abs w/o. Followed by an Out&Back loop of 16.9K, trying to run the 2nd half slightly faster than the first half: First half was 1:02:45 and the sec half was 58:38, despite extra breaks for a bouquet someone dropped and taking Spooky off leash again. Total mileage: 35.4km, better than last week. Bike mileage: only 6K UB: 1x so far, maybe later in the day I'll do back/triceps LB: 1x Abs: 2x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Good to have you back. Final taper week before Boston for me. Monday: Rest Day Tuesday: 5.2 miles, 8:17 avg pace; walking cool-down Wednesday: 6.2 miles on the TM; .5 mile walk Thursday: 5.2 miles on windy hills, 8:18 avg pace; .25 mile walk c/d Friday: Rest day, travel to Boston Saturday: More travel to Boston (hey, it takes awhile from here!) Sunday: Totals:
            Thanks Leslie....it's good to have you back. Two more weeks of taper for me. Good luck to you evanflein....enjoy Boston. Monday.............rest...........rest Tuesday...........6miles......6miles Wednesday.....6miles......6miles Thursday..........rest...........rest Friday................6miles......apt. hunting with evryothrday Saturday...........rest...........6miles Sunday.............6miles......6miles Total 24 miles
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              Okay, I'm back on the real wagon. Mon - Rest Tues - 5.15 miles, 9:24 ap. Wed - 1 hr strength/core in a.m./ 3 miles in p.m. Thurs - 6 hilly, heavy-legged miles. Torture, I tell ya, pure torture. Wink Fri - Extra sleeping hours Sat - Sun - Erica - Good luck at Boston. Ev - Good luck on the taper

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

Welcome back Leslie. poor thing. billing, & hills. maybe a karma thing since you didn't take us with you? Tongue just a thought. Smile happy tapering Erika & evryday..... Erika i hope for the best of everything for you Monday. including a well behaved foot! Mon:.... 45 min. assorted prehab, injured running dvd & pt. Tues:.... 5:09 miles, 9:25 pace. 20 minutes , 2 sets lower body weights, & back lifts, dead lifts. 14 min on the elliptical. Wed:. 3.28 recovery run @9:57, 20 min. on the bike, zoomy, 35 min. assorted strenght training. Thurs: so far just 1/2 hr. PT exercises. we will see. nope. that was about it. Fri. 5 miles, 9:31 pace. some intervals. best was 600M at 8:20. 15 min. lower body weight machines. Sat: 3 miles on my hilly neighborhood streets.. just adding them back. went ok. the part w/out Sadie was a 9:40 pace.. her leg is bothering her & I had to bring her back early. Sun: 8.2 miles, 9:40 pace. windy by the river but no rain. 45 min. pt exercises & core strengthening. Leslie. what is 'real'? -) never mind that. yes, we're still talking parties. and I won't tell. yum. hey. re the weight loss thread. ( where i don't post usually because it backfires for some reason).. i think i've finally ended up where i want to be. well, almost. at least, as far as numbers go. can't believe I said that. No doubt I'll pay for it. Nice to see you learned your lesson. when's our next trip? dutchie... what are you studying? you sound better. How's your neck? ok, totals. 24.6 miles, which makes me happy.. am almost back to where I was just before my latest hamstring pull on 2-13. (Leslie, the Pt is helping. thanks) more corny walking. 3 hrs. strength training, & only (really) 21 min. biking & 14 min. on the elliptical. go Erika!!!
                  poor thing. billing, & hills. maybe a karma thing since you didn't take us with you? Tongue just a thought. Smile
                  Guess I learned my lesson, huh. Big grin

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

M - 8 miles running - done T - 8 miles running - done W - 8 miles running - done Th - 8 miles running - done F - rest day - done Sa - 10K race - done with new PR of 47:23 Su - 7.8 miles running - done _____________________________ Total - 47.5 miles running - Done Paul