Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ On the Run - w/e 05/08 (Read 659 times)

Top 'O the World!

I've come to the conclusion that this was not the week to try and get back into Weight Watchers mode. 

I am soooo glad to know that!!!!  

& Big congrats on the gift card!  free shoes, is free shoes!!

Yup, I started to say how quiet it was in here - twice! only to get bumped off of the computer to do other things & nver get back on

Ran twice yesterday....once in the am w/Mairead (still kinda letting her determine pace) & once in the eve w/Doug & the Snug Runners group for a total of about 6.5 miles....still haven't let go of the mug yet this am & running outta time to do anything about that for now....too much to get done & babysitting in a few for a few....hopefully will get to got out for a bit later!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

It's FRIIIIIIIday!  

Cindy - I'm pulling for you to get that run in today.  If for no other reason than sanity.

After a crappy night of sleep (The Hub, cats, etc.), I finally dragged my butt out of bed and did 4 miles, followed by a little over an hour of core/strength.  I also got to see the final episode of "Monk," so I finally know who killed Trudy 12 years ago!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Kelly - good news all around....good luck to both of you this weekend!

Leslie - yummy...isn't that part of the joy of running? Nice score on the gift card, too!

Jim - hope you can catch your breath real soon - you folks have been working like demons!

Joe - birds...dang things live forever. I have a 22 year old parrot who shows no sign of aging, even though I am . Gonna have the put the darn beastie in my will!

Hey to everyone else out there, hopefully you're all busy running!

The semester is winding down, I'm mostly caught up on grading and administrative crap business, definitely looking forward to the summer!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Arla

Ex runner

I know it doesn't to you, Arla, but it seems like just a couple of months ago you were talking about school starting and now it's almost over for the year.  Geesh, time goes by fast!

10 trail miles this a.m. in 2:21.  Kept an overall 14:09 average pace.  Gotta love the downhill part of hills.  On the climbs, my legs were really feeling the strength training I did yesterday.  Even my arms got tired!

Afterward went and helped my dad retrieve a recliner he bought from a co-worker, and just got home a little while ago.  My dad's a hoarder, mostly of paperwork, magazines, etc., so it's depressing to go to his house, although it's not as bad as what you see on that TV show on TLC, "Hoarders."  I kept trying to get him to let me take some stuff with me to the dump, but nope.  There was a use for everything.  *sigh*  I'm really going to hate cleaning out that house when he goes.  Thankfully, it's a small house!

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

4.5 today to salvage a 20 mi week. Getting in big days and making good progress planting. If the weather holds we will be done soon and I can get back to a more normal run schedule. Sprayer has been parked most of the time with 30-50 mph gusts almost every day.

Catch up with ya all in a few........

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Jim, glad the planting is going well.  We've had strong windy days followed by a couple of very calm days and then back to windy.  Yesterday gorgeous.....today windy. 

Leslie....You finally got to see the Monk finale.  I thought it was pretty good.  Hated to see the show end.  It's a jungle out there.  Nice running.

Arla....I'm with you...bring on the summertime!

Got in a 12 spot this morning.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi all.  We're in line for a little bit of winter again.  Frost warnings around NE tonight.  Hope there's no frost to cause you problems out your way, Jim.

6.5 today in 1:06.  1st 3 with the wind and a lot of the last 3.5 into it.  didn't do my pace much good. 

I had my cyst taken out on my back on Thursday and got a bunch of stiches.  don't know how many as DW won't count for me.  don't know why.  Nothing involving bending and/or stretching for a week or so.  That took care of pump class on Saturday and will do in yoga tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.