Masters Running

Finally Friday 5/27 (Read 26 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Todd the ATC and PTA did not put me on the rack today. He did more spine mashing. I told him about my successful 3.1 miles test run yesterday.  He raised his eyebrows.

I asked him if I still needed to wear the fascist foot night brace. At first he said "Yes" and then he said, "No".  He told me he wanted me to tell him everything was all better.  I couldn't say that I was pain free. He was crestfallen. I told him I was definitely better.

He wants to believe my right foot pain is associated with a disc issue that he is hoping he is fixing with the manipulation. I do believe we are on the right track.

Tselbs, I did not really run for over 3 weeks. So that is good, I think. I am going to run through the swamp tomorrow. I will keep my eyes peeled  in case Jay Coastwalker strayed this way.

Aamos and Holly. The rocket scientist's ears perked up when I mentioned you all were going to run The Pig. He's in.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

Buerhle - does that mean you will be joining us - I am so excited!!!!  You are one of my idols!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Buerhle - does that mean you will be joining us - I am so excited!!!!  You are one of my idols!!

Holly!  Yes. I will go to Cincinnati!  But. No. I am your friend. Not idol!  I may be idle but I am no idol. Hahahaha!

Ralph is a BearCat!  He got his masters and PhD from the University of Cincinnati.  Lilmissrosie was born at the Christ Hospital in Cincinnati. I can't wait to go back there!   We lived in Mt Healthy from September, 1987 - June, 1988.

I doubt I will run the full but that 3-way challenge might be fun!

I was never a big fan of Cincinnati style chili.  I prefer Texas style. But I LOVE Graeter's Ice Cream. I want to eat it right now. We have it at the Fresh Market butt. It is not acceptable. Only fresh from Graeter's stores. That is the only way I want to eat Graeter's Ice Cream.

BueHrle.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

evanflein

Hmmm.... Flying Pig is on May 7, and our Chena River Run 5k is on May 6. Again, I just don't think there's any way I can get there from home in time. I'd have to make the decision to skip out on doing all of our local series races for the first time in over a decade...

Had a great time meeting Steve P for dinner tonight! And looking forward to seeing him and Taggie on the course tomorrow, as support crew not running. We had a downpour of rain this evening, and rain should continue off and on through the night but end before the race. Yay! The only downside is that Perchcreek can't join me for the race tomorrow and had to cancel. Waaahhh! So, it's me running with DH and Steve P as support. Call me lucky, right? Smile

4.3 miles today in Mackinaw City, then a ferry trip to Mackinac Island and back before the drive to Traverse City. Then a 50 minute drive to our hotel. It'll be an early start tomorrow!

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck, Erika!  Have fun!

evanflein

And evidence of my visit to MIke E the other day....

Good evening, it has been a busy week for me and just now had time to read the dailies. I am sorry that we have too many that are struggling with injuries, RCG, Henrun, Deez and others I may have missed. Keep posting here, really, it is good to hear from you.

After returning from GB on Monday I had Monday and Tuesday nights occupied for the Orchestra concert. The songs all went well, wish you all could have been here. My legs were too sore to run those days anyway even if I'd have had time. Wednesday was another meeting night but I got out for a run around the lake last night and felt pretty good. DD1 started the Whole30 eating plan which is basically eating nothing but whole, nutrient dense, unprocessed foods for thirty days. She's been at it since May 16th and I joined her on Tuesday. It is great that she does all the shopping and cooking!

I am looking forward to being home for the weekend since we have been gone the past two. I hope to get some more flowers planted between rain storms. We will go to the cemetery and visit our graves of our loved ones. I have not been there for a while. They have a nice ceremony at the bandshell at the park too so may attend that as well.

Have a great holiday weekend and good luck to Erika at Bayshore Marathon in Michigan!  Too bad Perchcreek couldn't come but I'm happy that you got together with SteveP. The photo of MikeE is great too.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the picture of Erika and Mike!  This is the first time you have met in person, right?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes, this was the first time we had met.  Hopefully, it won't be the last.  (Can you tell I was standing on my tip toes?)

Yes, this was the first time we had met.  Hopefully, it won't be the last.  (Can you tell I was standing on my tip toes?)

Erika is VERY tall