Masters Running

Tuesday, August 10 Daily ..... (Read 429 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks for all the hugs!  Mary, it was sweet of you to mention it.  Yeah, this empty nest thing is hard.

I dropped DD off at the airport very early - she had a 7:10 am flight.  We had to leave the house at 4:40.  We'll see her at the end of next week, and I'm looking forward to seeing her dorm and getting her moved in.  I'm sure she'll have a blast, and Cornell has a nice campus. I just wish it wasn't so far away. (Or maybe I should just move to upstate NY?)

Anyway, no run yesterday due to epic thunderstorms. Today looks clearer so I'll get a RAW - I really need it today.

Happy Anniversary to Mari, and to Karin tomorrow, and Lamerunner next week. 

Congrats Craneium!  I'd never heard of St. John Fisher College before but the pictures look nice.  I hope your elementary kids get a new PE teacher who keeps up the 5K program!

Holly, funny story about the shirt. I always carry mine when I take it off, in case I see my neighbors or feel suddenly self-conscious.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hang in there wildchild and will you be able to visit on school breaks or will DD come home? My father taught at Cornell as an adjunct in the School of Architecture (while awaiting tenure at Syracuse University). I know Ithaca well. My husband's cousin is on the faculty there (Meredith Small) and a well-known anthropologist. ...and it's my FIL's law school alma mater. All of this to say, if you need eyes, ears, support, connections etc over the miles let me know!  Seriously. I can't even imagine the college goodbye...I am already whimpering about the kiddo starting high school in a few weeks.

Way to go Craneium and congratulations. We know St. John Fisher well and the campus is indeed close to the in-laws place. Lucky them to get you as a coach and leader.

evanflein

Wow, lots of cool stuff going on here! Big congratulations on the new coaching job, Craneium! That's awesome, and quite a record for you, good job!

Anniversary congratulations to Mariposai (25 years! woohoo! Enjoy BC!), CNYrunner (is he cooking or are you going out?) and Lamerunner! Marital longevity is not to be taken for granted these days. A big hats off to all of you!

Empty Nest Carolyn! I hope after a little while you'll adjust and come to enjoy your new E.N. status. A time for you and your DH to spend more time together and do things without concern of including DD or not. I hope you get your run in, it will really help.

My oldest it moving to the dorms at the end of the month and while he's not going far (I work on campus, after all) it's something we're all looking forward to. The tension between him and DH is palpable some days, and they really need a break. And DS has been sort of stagnating at home and really needs a change of scenery and activity to get him going. I hope this will be the change he needs; he's certainly been looking forward to it for a long time.

And frankly, I'm looking forward to having him on the school's meal plan! I'll still have DS2 at home, my 6'3" 16 year old soccer player who hopes to pass his drivers' test on Thursday morning...

Holly, I leave my shirt at the start of the trail sometimes, rolling it up and putting it in tall grass. So far so good on it being there when I come back. Goes to show nobody picks up litter and stuff around here, I guess. I'll run shirtless, but like a cover-up when leaving or entering my work building.

5.4 trail miles today; I ran the ultra extension trail today. I sure like that trail, but they've put so many woodchips on it recently that parts are like running on a mattress.

That damn moose was in my garden again this morning. DH ran him off with a long 2x4, but that won't deter him for long. I need to get more plastic sheeting on my way home from work tonight. That's the only thing that seems to really keep them out.

That damn moose was in my garden again this morning.

Pictures?!?

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy anniversary Mari !!!!

Congrats to you Craneium on the new coaching job!!!

Moose in the garden again ! just another day for Erika

Wildchild, take it from me...." Sheeee'll beeee baaack" Just about when you get over them being gone.

4.6 miles in 90 degrees and very thick air.  40:32 total time but a couple in the middle at 8:30 ish pace.

have great runs whos ever left

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Congratulations to Craneium.    Volleyball has come a long way from when it was simply 3 weeks worth of gym class in Maine each year.  I love a good university level volleyball game.   Good luck in your inaugural season.

Heat again this evening for my run of 3.68 miles.   The temperature gauge on the car said 97.......the one in my back yard said 95.....so it was somewhere in there.

Congratulations to the anniversary people.    I got married in August 37 years ago.....OUCH for the number of years huh?

Vista