Masters Running

Monday, June 8 Daily Show (Read 443 times)

dg - They're feeling good.  My calves were a bit sore Saturday, but nothing like the previous weekend, and so far the cordisone shot in the ankle seems to have done the trick (she says while knocking on wood at the same time).

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DG and everyone else who commented,

Thanks for the thoughts for my DS yesterday. He was feeling better later in the day and hopefully his 1st day of the Internship today will further encourage him. One day at a time ...

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I had every intention of running this morning. I even had my running gear on, but then checked the radar one more time and thought better of it. Good thing too, as a couple of thunderstorms rolled through. So it was another few hours working on my garage instead.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - How do the legs feel?

Generally stiff and slightly sore, but nothing specific or particularly bad.  The most painful spots are on my left shoulder and hip, from hitting the ground hard after an attempt at flying....  but even those are barely bruised.  I consider that I was very fortunate.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

The most painful spots are on my left shoulder and hip, from hitting the ground hard after an attempt at flying.... 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

You'd think the Monday was a rest day for most

I don't even have a run of today, but never got yesterdays in.  In keeping with the previous pithy statements--3.6 at 10:15 and basically satisfied.

I gotta tell ya Stumpy, your runs have been longer than mine. Why so serious?

Your weekend sounds like fun Sue

Holly, did you have cape when you tried flying? You should consider it.

Like others, I got yesterday's run in today. A soggy 6...Maybe. On reason I had cut back on trail running is cause it's hard to measure distance within .01 miles. Now that I've got the dog, I'm out more to have fun. We've had a down pour for 24 hours. When the rain broke, the hound and I went out. The creek/slash river was up about 8". Tag thought better of jumping in. He gets his superior intellect from DW's side. We crossed the water and ran along an old logging grade. Even during a drought, there's water seeping from the sides of the hill next to it. Today, you could hear the water trickling. It's kinda kewl. Another part is along a valley and I coluld see the tips of spring ferns reaching out of the collected water. As we were winding down and could see the truck, there was a loud clap of thunder. Timing is everything.

SteveP

xor

Great.

Because I sang Me and You and a Dog Named Boo a couple weeks ago, my arm is now being twisted to sing Free to Be, You and Me later this week.

GAH.  I'm turning into (not Amy) Yanni or Charlie Waffles.

10 easy miles this morning.  I may do another 4.5 miler in an hour.  Two gnarly Daniels workouts this week, including one that I'll do as part of Saturday's Lake Youngs Ultra.  It's just a baby ultra - 28.8 miles.

Mariposai

let me see king,

...Me and You and a Dog Named Boo

...Free to Be, You and Me

these make for two songs in your repetua as of right now, with three more weeks before the Seattle Rock and Roll you have the potential of having 5 songs under your belt to serenade us with.

so...if 28.8 is a baby ultra, what I did was a toddler ultra then?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I had every intention of running this morning.

I had every intention of NOT running today, but the PT taped my ankle in a new way and wants me to try it out.  It's still in the mid-80s and very humid, so I'm going to wait an hour or so.  Even if it's still H&H, I might see another terrific sunset - was crossing the bridge from NJ back into PA last night just as it went down - beautiful.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I might see another terrific sunset - was crossing the bridge from NJ back into PA last night just as it went down - beautiful.

Eliz

Shame you had to spoil it by driving through Philly. 

Speaking of H&H, I took a turn in it today:  8.5m at 1:19:19...the sproink has left the legs for a bit.

Walt

wildchild

Carolyn

I don't mean to rub it in, but I had a delightfully un-H&H run after work!   60° and raining lightly. (OK, I guess if it was raining it might have been high humidity, but it felt wonderful!)  The rain only lasted the first two miles, then there was weak sun and swirling clouds.  5 miles in 51 minutes, with the last two miles the fastest.  I tried to run on the beautiful creek path I found last week in the state park, but it was under water from all the rain yesterday, so I ran on the paved bike trail instead.

I signed up for a half marathon on Saturday, the same race I did as my first ever half last year.  It's called Run the Rockies, and it goes from Copper Mountain ski area (elevation 9,700 ft) to the town of Frisco (9,050 ft).  The first half is downhill and the second half is rolling. They bill it as "75% downhill", and while this is true, it's misleading because the big hills come at the end.

It's a pretty course but it kicked my butt last year because they only have water at the aid stations, and I didn't bother to find that out ahead of time.  This year I'll carry gatorade and gu and hope I don't bonk.  The weather forecast is looking perfect.  My goal is just to beat last year's time, but probably I won't PR because my PR half was almost all downhill.  Last year I did win 1st in AG (out of 4) and it would be fun to have a repeat of that - I hope the fast old wimmin stay home again this year!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Carolyn, sounds like a great run!  I think we have the right to rub it in, since we have to tough it out during the winter!  Sparkling, clear days here! 
                          wildchild

Carolyn

You're right, Teresa - we have to put up with long winters, so we shouldn't feel guilty about having nice summers.  Erika, too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.