Masters Running

Damp Thursday, 1.12.17 (Read 37 times)

janie b good

i'm hungry after reading all the entries ...

3.3 miles/41:58 t'mill  run/walk

i was not brave enough to go out into the pouring rain.  maybe next time.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Leslie - bathing suits are even worse.....nothing is more depressing....

The best thing ever invented in that regard is board shorts for women.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

..70s today, 40s tomorrow.....

and Rain

30-min HH on Greenway

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

i'm hungry after reading all the entries ...

3.3 miles/41:58 t'mill  run/walk

i was not brave enough to go out into the pouring rain.  maybe next time.

Janie b good, twocat will be happy that you obey the no running in the rain rule.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marj and Holly, how fun to hear about your warm runs!!!  We can all hope and pray for spring to come...

I wore my other pair of tights today, which are slightly thinner, and man, my butt and legs were cold.  I know, cold is relative.  It was 35F and sunny, but I swear with the humidity around here, it feels much colder than a "dry" cold would.

I did 4 miles, nothing spectacular, just keeping the streak alive, and keeping my tight calf and owies under control by the easy pace.  Day 12!!  I can tell my cardio has improved a lot, but my muscles are tight and tired.

I applied for an REI mastercard, and got a 100 dollar gift certificate with it, which I spent today on cross-country ski pants.  I tried one pair on last night at REI and did not like them, so ordered a different pair online.  MBE wanted me to go look at running tights for some reason....I suspect he may have bought me some for my birthday....or maybe cycling tights.   What doesn't make sense to me but should, is that some people are just as nuts about cycling as others are about running.  He rode over in sub freezing temperatures last night!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Dinner was okay, last night, with Eric.

I went 6 miles on the soul-sucker.

Okay--Debbie is calling me--gotta go!  See ya!

flats

turtle runner eximious

I got in a 10k on the TM tonight. And my gym was empty. I assume everyone fulfilled their New Years Resolution to lose weight.

Michael

pfriese

Busy day getting ready for the next ice storm and did not have time to go for a run until after dark. I dislike running in the dark (unlit roads & trails). So, 6 miles on treadmill tonight for me also.

Paul

evanflein

Cool deal on the REI gift card, Enke!

Flats, amazing how quickly folks can reach their goals, right?

5.2 miles on the treadmill tonight. Our severe cold warning has been reduced to a warming of another 4-8" of snow starting tomorrow into mid-Saturday. Lovely. I'd almost rather have the cold.

Slept in and skipped out on both my usual Thursday morning run groups!! Was home late last night after a work pub crawl and really needed some extra sleep. Glad I listened to my body because after prayer group the temps hit 59-60 degrees and I managed to squeeze in 4.2 miles in shorts and a short sleeve shirt before having my grand babies for the rest of the day!!

Happy trails my friends!!

denise

Mariposai

It was sub 7F here today after work...

My plan get home and hit the TM...

the great problem was...the Easy Pacer was on it.

After he was done with the TM, I was starving and needed to go to do the screening at the homeless shelter...

soooo...no runsfor my wings today.

I am thinking that I will need to re-assess my marathon goals for the spring, or for this year... life and work keeps interfering for me to put the miles in to be able to run a marathon....and it is creating an additional stress to my daily life...

is this the time to re-assess my log distance running distance capabilitly, no longer consider myself  a marathoner for the time being and just enjoy the shorter distance goals? hummm

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Last night, I made pasta with caramelized cabbage, anchovies and bread crumbs. 

Have a greta Thursday!

Jay

People come up with interesting ideas.

Leslie, Actually, overweight middle aged guys will try to convince people the tights would make them look hawt. It's understood that females mature earlier than males. Men don't begin to develop breast until their mid 40's.

Leslie - bathing suits are even worse......

I have a hard time believing that.

A delivery vehicle arrived. Fortunately I had an extra batman outfit in my office.

After the picture was taken, things got pretty ugly.  I put the picture on the transport company's FB page. a few minutes later, I got a call from that their VP. The conversation was ......... interesting.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Nancy - I think you just need to set up a TM schedule with Easy Pacer....

Steve -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."