Masters Running

It's a Weigthy Decision (Read 613 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh come on....you guys messn' with me.....you see a picture of a fat ass in a chair, right? If not....I sure do on my screen.

I've been practicing my picture post skills, or lack there of.....so there is a pic there....right?

Feel like I'm being punked 

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

No Tim, no picture.
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just on the off chance that we would EVER punk you, Tim, I think we'll pick something else.  But thanks for the suggestion

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Still in the "big fat cow" range - absolutely no change from last week.  How did that happen, when I feel like I'm trying so hard?  Okay, maybe some of my resolve tends to slip around 7-9pm.

Oops.

But jeesh, a 10-mile run, 1900 calories, and still no weight loss.  Grrrrr....

I have a 20-miler planned tomorrow, and I refuse to let myself "fuel up" for it.  And I'm going to have 2 glasses of wine tomorrow night, darn it!

Wait!  I thought it was 100 calories a mile .....  10 X 100  =

Runners run

Ilene, I think that's for those of us who generally run a 10 min. pace.  Neither you nor Holly fit

into that category, so see, now you can eat more and not worry about it!  

I'm tired of worrying about

it but since I got my ass kicked in a 10k this morning by someone who will move up to my AG in a few

months, I decided that yeah, maybe I should work harder on shedding a few pounds. 

Anyway, what do I know?  I am STILL waiting for my long overdue GARMIN to arrive and then I will really begin to see just how lazy I've been.  Miss kicked-my-butt was showing me hers after the race and she had burned 735 calories during the run.  

Of course, since the above mentioned person is NOT yet in my AG, I won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as I was the ONLY old lady out there!  Sort of embarrassing, but I take all contributions.

Of course, since the above mentioned person is NOT yet in my AG, I won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as I was the ONLY old lady out there!  Sort of embarrassing, but I take all contributions.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Wait!  I thought it was 100 calories a mile .....  10 X 100  =

Actually, for smaller folks like me, I think it's more like about 80-85 calories burned per mile.   But I'm talking about the whole day's worth of calories here, not the extra I allotted for the run.  I think my regular maintainance caloric intake is about 1400-1500 calories per day on a non-running day.  So, on a day when I ran 10 miles, I ate 1900 calories.  But I still didn't see the scale budge.  Go  figure.

I think the most frustrating thing for me is not the weight itself, but my inability to control my eating.  I'm only trying to lose 5-6 lbs - one would think that would be fairly simple, but I keep blowing it.  My own constant failure at this is very frustrating.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Ahh ((((Holly S)))))   You are an athlete...you have a strong appetite!  Its natural.

Runners run