Masters Running

April 15th running to the mailbox and other places .... (Read 498 times)

evanflein

Happy Birthday Wannaberunner! I ran NYC too, and didn't enjoy it quite as much as Mariposai, but I'm thinking I didn't like all the crowds yelling at me so much. That being said, I do enjoy Boston. Different type of crowds, I guess.  And I'm a popcorn hound, too. My favorite treat: popcorn with garlic salt and a cold white wine!

Had a really nice 5 miler tonight. Thought I'd be too cold at first but then the sun peeked out and I was fine. 5 miles, pretty consistent pace and 8 m/m avg. Hey, it was easy... mostly downhill! I love those gravity-assisted runs! Got home and cleaned up, had some pizza, finished packing and took off. Now I'm in the Anchorage airport waiting for my 12:45 AM (yes, A.M.) flight to Portland. Then to Boston. Holy carp this is a long trip. I'll get in at close to 4 p.m. I think I need a nap.

I look my best blurry!

Happy Birthday Wannaberunner! I ran NYC too, and didn't enjoy it quite as much as Mariposai, but I'm thinking I didn't like all the crowds yelling at me so much. That being said, I do enjoy Boston. Different type of crowds, I guess.  And I'm a popcorn hound, too. My favorite treat: popcorn with garlic salt and a cold white wine!

Had a really nice 5 miler tonight. Thought I'd be too cold at first but then the sun peeked out and I was fine. 5 miles, pretty consistent pace and 8 m/m avg. Hey, it was easy... mostly downhill! I love those gravity-assisted runs! Got home and cleaned up, had some pizza, finished packing and took off. Now I'm in the Anchorage airport waiting for my 12:45 AM (yes, A.M.) flight to Portland. Then to Boston. Holy carp this is a long trip. I'll get in at close to 4 p.m. I think I need a nap.

I am cracking up about your popcorn!  A few years ago I accidentally put garlic powder on our popcorn instead of popcorn salt.  My kids had some and said "why does this popcorn taste like meat?"  To this day they will say "don't make meat flavored popcorn tonight!"  It is safe to say garlic is not their favorite popcorn flavor.

You have some traveling to do!  I hope you are able to catch a snooze her and there.  I will look forward to the race report!  I am hoping for Boston next year.  I am starting a plan May 10th to hopefully BQ in NYC!  

I look my best blurry!

wannaberunner, I did NYC last year and I had a blast. NYC indeed is the race of all races!!! what an experience.

Welcome to RA. I can't wait to  hear more about you!!!

A XT day for me, if fertilizing tulips and roses and transplanting indoor plant pots is considered a XT...ohhhhhhhh I was the loudest cheerleader for my son's soccer team...

It should be great!  I have a cousin (who played with the B-52s for over 20 years) that lives near the middle of the course.  He is going to have posters for me (I qualified!  Woo Hoo!) and my hubby (who got in via the lottery).   My MIL grew up there and was a runner.  She died last July from lung cancer.  We are carrying her ashes and spreading them in Central Park after the finish, which was her wish.  It is going to be a fun and emotional first marathon.  I can't wait!  I am recovering from a hip sfx but doing well.  Jogging the Pittsburgh HM May 2nd.  My official training plan starts in May.  I have high hopes!