Masters Running

Monday October 27 Runs and Not-So-Runs (Read 522 times)

Tim, Perch, and evanflein well I guess we all get to run our marathons with one handicap or another! The good news is the pressure to PR is pretty much gone. Tongue Ok, there has been better news in our lifetimes, or I certainly hope so! But for NYC at least the weather forecast looks great! So hopefully it will be a great day to run. Aamos thank you for the offer and perhaps we will be running together! It would be nice to have company for three to four hours, no? Smile But regarding my race pace goal, I no longer really have one. I will have to see how things go. I am still not running (yes, that way over tapered thing evanflein was talking about). My view is that until the hamstring feels 100% I am not touching my running sneakers. One thing is for sure, that hamstring has to make it 26.2 miles on Sunday and if it is not fully healed that will be toast. The cold, thank goodness, appears to be abating. So just one problem left to go! But it is a big one and I do not know what a 3 week taper will do to my times. All that means while I hope to run with you or even others from the forum it would be a mistake to count on it. My pace could have me finishing anywhere from a new PR (yea, right) to a new PW (could be). I will just have to see what will be.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

OK... If Tim, Erika and Twocat can do it... then so can I. I'll be thinking that for sure past mile 20! Good point Erika! Should be good RR reading for sure Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim!
        Why am I always getting the "Tim!"....from Mary, and now from you...Ok, I get it, lol... Icing my foot Tim...probably why the "Tim!" Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Twocat...this is my first, so I PR regardless...kewl. Foot feels somewhat better tonight after icing it and taking it easy. I think I will be ready to toe up to the line...but NO runs till race day...gonna put it all on the line that day. I have this cocky side to me from cycling and Triathlons...we trash talk a lot...runners seem to be sooo nice...thank goodness!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!