Masters Running

Lucky Friday the 13th Runs (Read 489 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim-didn't you hurt yourself running? You haven't given up on that. Knowledge is power.
    I had AT that I have completely recovered from, no pain at all anymore...feels as if I never had the injury. Then I hurt my right knee doing lunges last Tues night after my run. Hum, am I confused about what you are asking or saying....or are you saying don't give up on the lunges? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Record Run @ NSIC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Results from the Boys' 5k at the NSIC meet today. It's a small world - my dad just talked to Solomon Haile about three weeks ago, trying to convince him to run for Texas! Sunday, DS16 (my dad's grandson) will be racing (well, I should say, "running behind") Solomon in the two-mile. It's hard to comprehend a HS kid running a 5K in 14:22. National HS: ! 14:22.88 3/13/2009 Solomon Haile, Sandy Sprin Meet: # 14:22.88 3/13/2009 Solomon Haile, Unattached 9: % 15:51.71 2006 Doug Smith, NJ 10: @ 15:10.38 2006 Brandon Jarrett, NJ 11: ^ 14:53.10 2005 Mohamud Ige, CO 12: $ 14:22.88 3/13/2009 Solomon Haile, Unattached Name Year School Finals ================================================== ============== Finals 1 Solomon Haile 12 Sandy Spring, MD 14:22.88# ! 2 Zachary Ornelas 12 Cedar Park, TX 14:53.21@ 3 Julian Meyer 12 Richfield, OH 15:01.50@ 4 John Raneri 11 New Fairfield, CT 15:10.61% 5 Neal Berman 12 Ardmore, PA 15:18.76% 6 Chris York 12 Berryville, VA 15:31.54% 7 Jason Santos 12 Smithtown, NY 15:32.07% 8 Jake Graham 12 Toronto, CA 15:32.29% 9 Joseph Nassirian 11 Manhasset, NY 15:40.81% 10 Joe Beveridge 12 Harrisburg, PA 15:45.02%
      xor

I have run in all kinds of weather conditions all over the world. Of course, my most typical weather run is "overcast and 50" in the spring. Seattle. Let me tell you, 50 in Dallas feels waaaaaaaaay colder than 50 in other places. And 45 and pouring rain is the pits. Oh yeah. I'm in Dallas now for a little while. Fooey. Well, except for Sat/Sun when I will be in Little Rock for my 200th marathon/ultra. Wish me luck.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, SR! What's the weather supposed to be like there?
          Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Well, except for Sat/Sun when I will be in Little Rock for my 200th marathon/ultra. Wish me luck.
            Good Luck Robert, and Congratulations!!!! I'm sure the weather will cooperate and maybe you'll get a nice day in the 70s...they are forecasting more snow here in Seattle....... Are you going to be back for the Dizzy Daze..? Francesca
            xor

Little Rock is supposed to be 39 (but with a north wind of 10 mph, so feels colder) on Sunday morning. The good news is that the rain should be gone by then. Yes, Frankie, I will be back for Dizzy Daze. I might even run it! Smile

6 miles of hills in about 53:00 today My running is going good but unfortuantly as I was chewing gum last night I did something to one of my teeth. Cry It fired up really good. It hurt all night that electric nerve kinda pain. I called my denist first thing this morning and he was at a conference. He called me in some drugs and gave me his cell number in case the pain was intolerable and told me he would come in day or night over the weekend. It has settled down some, although the cold air rushing over it during my run was interesting. I think I can make it to Monday. The big problem is I have one of my favorite races on Tuesday. St. Patricks Day has been my traditional racing season kick off and also the first race I ever ran back in 1989. I hope he can patch me up good enough to participate. Good luck Srlopez !!!! What a great accomplishment. I love March madness, Its about the only basketball I watch all year. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

King of PhotoShop

Mary and all you other dog lovers, as you well know from posts over the years, I would never have dreamed I would be a dog person, but I just love this little Sheltie. We had her first birthday party today at Riblet's insistence. I really think Lucy enjoyed this. Spareribs
                  stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thank you all for the kind wishes. everything appears to have gone well--i made it home early this afternoon and have been resting mostly. The docs tell me that everything went really well. They tried to trigger an a-fib afterwards in one of the most active sites and couldn't. it's also nice not to be fluttering. It's a good thing that i have several months until shirtless and swim times--I have some very interesting shave patterns Clowning around I have a week of no heavy lifting and then moving up to more activities. right now I'm walking around like Walter Brennan.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

sounds like a pretty decent Friday the 13th all around!! hit the treadmill today -- and i know i said i wasn't going to change anything this week but i had to just a tad: 5 min walk/5min run x 2 4 min walk/6 min run x 2 5 min walk/5 min run x 2 --- wanted to keep running but trying to be smart about this recovery -- total 5.5 miles in just under 61 minutes then some good stretching.............need to get some core work in!!

denise

That's a pretty happy-looking dog there, Ribs. 7.6 miles in 1;05, 140/156.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

to get ready for my next long race on 3/28....(see you there Tet.....?)
                          dear franci, so much life stuff swirling around since I came back from at-least-once-a-week running while in Tokyo for the month of January has snuffed out any chance to keep it up all year long but I'm hoping to break the last month's taper since 2/14 for the annual St. Pat's 3.72 mile Dash in my painted green "shoes" and green "singlet." However, the beloved Mercer Island Half if fizzling fast (say hi to enki if you make it - maybe run over to the start for 100K Dizzy Daze practice) - Smile 50K in last year's Dizzy Daze is still my longest barefoot run but I might need to borrow a few training miles from you for this year in case you have any extra ones you don't need. thanks. I look forward to seeing SRL there too after his 200th marathon in Little Rock this weekend. What a fabulous boomer, . . . I mean fabulous nice guy he is and how lucky we are to have fallen under his influence. ps to robert - <>RnR/Kona)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Thank you all for the kind wishes. everything appears to have gone well--i made it home early this afternoon and have been resting mostly. The docs tell me that everything went really well. They tried to trigger an a-fib afterwards in one of the most active sites and couldn't. it's also nice not to be fluttering. It's a good thing that i have several months until shirtless and swim times--I have some very interesting shave patterns Clowning around I have a week of no heavy lifting and then moving up to more activities. right now I'm walking around like Walter Brennan.
                            Have been thinking of you regarding this procedure. Glad it went well. Do just what the doc says to do from this point. Good luck. Spareribs
                              stumpy77 the news sounds (or reads) great! Best wishes on your recovery.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

so.....it was lucy's birthday..........that is why I had such a good run this late afternoon. Great picture ribs...........thanks. and that riblet will melt many girl's hearts...I just know it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard