Masters Running

Beautiful morning Saturday runs& good deeds (Read 349 times)

I showed Tag the school I went to 30 years ago. He licked his butt and wasn't impressed.

Ha!

JLynne - That was your first time to hold Will, wasn't it?  Yea!

Some really nice runs today.  Tom, thanks for jogging my brain about our local Turkey Trot.  I need to look into signing up.  Last year, so many people showed up who had pre-registered, they ran out of bib #s and put strips of duct tape on people and wrote numbers on the tape.

Holly - Glad you're feeling better.  I am grateful every year that we don't have to buy Christmas presents.  Decided amongst the adults many moons ago to buy presents only for the kids (of which we have none).  Now all the "kids" are adults, so no one gets anything except a card and a phone call.  And most years, people are lucky if they get Christmas cards from us.

The Hub came home from work, 2nd day in a row, with a bad headache.  If he's coming down with something . . .

My 20-miler ended up being a 19.1 miler.  Out of fluids, out of food - done.  However, I felt MUCH better after today's run than I did even in the middle of my 14.4 miler last Saturday.  Amazing how much better you can do when you eat and drink properly.  Took in a little over 1180 cal/221.50 carbs over 5 hrs, plus 5 S-caps and a half a nausea pill, and I am still a bit nauseated.  I think I'm gonna have to start par boiling potatoes to take with me on my runs.  Obviously the Clif Mojo bars and Fig Newtons aren't doing the trick.  It may be all that sweetness is getting to me.

Wore new pair of capris today.  First time I've worn capris, and they worked out great.  But I tell ya - my legs are freaking white!  I don't think you can get much whiter, unless your an albino.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Leslie, if I ate that much on a 20 miler I'd be sick for sure! I think you could cut back a wee bit and still be fine. And around here we call that a "moon tan."  A little early for that isn't it? Come December/January/February, I'll see your white legs and raise you in translucency!

Yeah, Holly and Carolyn are both making us all look like slackers, just in different departments.