Masters Running

Sundaily, 8.5.18 (Read 38 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, first drill with my new unit in the books.  I've mentioned this job wasn't a reward for a job well done at my last unit, it's more of a good job there, can you do the same here?  And to be honest, I don't have a lot of doubts about my abilities (a sin I confess to every time I go to confession) so for the first time in a very long time I'm not sure.  The "kids" are enthusiastic but it's a deeply entrenched culture that is just different from any other unit I've been in.  But, this is a running group.

This morning I went in early (it's central Alabama, it gets humid so to get as many people through "fit to fight" we start at 0500) to see how they do PT testing.  I warmed up by running over to the track (about a mile) then ran with the first two groups for their 1.5 mile run.  I stayed in lane 3.  Still easing into speed work, so didn't go crazy but did run about a 10:30 on the first one and 11:10 on the second.  Garmin had the distances closer to 1.7 which seems a bit long to me.  Anyway, after that back to the hangar to shower and work the day.

Holly, thanks for sharing.

Jlynne, agree with politely letting the management team know your preferences.  You've certainly earned that right.

Mike, a belated Happy Birthday!

Have a great night everyone!

Mike - Belated Happy Birthday, and what an incredible gift you were given.

Holly - As you know, more than a few of us here have either battled addiction or have a loved one who is battling or has battled addiction or is on the edge.  The mental goes along with the physical.  The fact you have opened up about what you're going through is a huge step in the right direction, and it's a blessing your husband is being supportive.  You do seem to have a lot of stressors in your life, which absolutely can be part of the non-sleeping issue, and I would encourage you to consider seeking some counseling.to help you work your way through this.  It has been invaluable to me over the years.  We have a very special group here.  It's a safe place for many of us, so you can always come here and talk to us.

I appreciate your thoughts about what I'm going through at work. I have some thinking to do.

3 miles today of mostly running, and I am excited to say there was no negative affect to my hamstrings.  It did bother whatever else is going on, but at least one thing seems to be getting better. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Reading through the daily in the last few days brought to me  a spirit of thankfulness for our group here.

MikeE, happy belated birthday.  How great that you are having special moments with your dad.

Leslie,  what others said. I think it is time to pray and start repackaging your bags for a work life that nurtures you.

Holly, I am so proud of you for acknowledging the problem.  You are a strong woman.  Hugs to you. We believe in you.

Wildchild, good luck in your recovery

Erika, cool looking medal. Nice work on that half marathon.

Today I enjoyed 6 smile miles, then I spent the day cleaning and dusting out den. A relaxing experience.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Holly--I have to admit that I have not been your DH's biggest fan, but he sure did the right thing, this time. I'm very happy that you are going in the right direction with your issue.  You are a very strong person and you will get through this...no doubt about it.

I came home from the hospital, went to church to catch the last half of the service, ran 6.8 miles, mowed the lawn, and went back to the hospital.  Fun, fun, fun.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

TwoCat, I'm sorry to hear about your back.

Wildchild, Like Norm said, work it...don't push it.

(((((MikeE))))) You deserve a lot of credit for being at your dad's side.

Yikes Leslie, that stinks.

(((((Holly))))) You're a brave/tough person for trusting us. Thanks for sharing.

My Dr. just told me that waking up in the middle of the night seems to be normal for middle aged people.Most nights I wake up and walk around the house for a while then go back to the couch.

I finished my time with Dad on Wednesday and took him back to Mt Pleasant to send him back with my SIL. What a dynamic person. I didn't make it to the campground DW was staying at with the kids. My MIL moved in to our camper and there simply wasn't room for me. When it came time to pack up, she split and DW called me for help. Like a knucklehead, I went. Tag and I went two miles first. I hope he gets more gas in his tank when the humidity breaks.

Sunday, DW and I went to a pancake breakfast at a local AFC farm. I don't know how these people do it. The staff keeps the residence engaged and active on the farm.

After overeating, DW and I took a quick walk around. We saw their bull, "Sleepy Floyd" had gotten hung up trying to jump an electric fence. It seems his dangling participles were getting zapped every little bit.

The main man didn't quite wrap his head around what DW was telling him until I showed the picture. Then he got up and ran to the breaker box. As soon as the power was off, Sleepy Floyd trampled the fence and hopped on his true love to start a new family.

DW went to church and I ran home. just shy of nine miles. I ate too much.

This was my view for 8.9 miles:

MTA:

After DW got back from Church ( I went Saturday) we packed up a few dogs, drove to a obscure trail and hiked over a mile to Lake MI.

I'll send pictures later. I played in the crashing waves for two hours while Marley and tag would occasionally swim out to me. Mia was nervous and went out a little ways. Then a wave crashed over her head and knocked her off of her feet. She decided she had enough.

SteveP