Masters Running

Welcome to July - 7.1.16 (Read 32 times)

mrrun

((Enke)) - something better will come your way, I'm sure of it

no 5K until the 10th when I'm running one in VT - which will hopefully include a meet up with aamos who's running a marathon 30 minutes away.  No running today (unless trying to keep up with 9 yo counts - just saw Finding Dory which was cute - ending was the most fun.

Time to read King Arthur - have a great w/e!

congrats to David,

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Really great news about your DW, Tom!  When you told us about it, I was going to make a joke about, whenever I have similar symptoms, it turns out to be gas...but I didn't think it would be very nice...and now, we find out it was just gas...and, now, I think it's great.

Oh, man, enke--that really stinks about your job.  Weren't you just reassured, the other day, that you were safe?  Happy Canada Day, anyway.  By the way...how do Canadians celebrate Canada Day?

I went for any easy 8 miler, today.

Okay--gotta go!  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oh enks, how could this happen with the economy booming, $500,000 homes being razed all over the place to make way for $1.5 - 2,000,000 mansions (most without a view and many facing north) and real estate values climbing 25-30% and more in the last year, it would seem that layoffs should be few-and-far between.  Now that it’s a new fiscal year, I hope they get some good news soon or I’m sure they’ll be soon ruing he loss of  your valuable contributions to someone more appreciative as they flounder around wondering what they’re doing in the first place. n  Maybe their timing was off..

In the meantime, maybe check out the Carnation Run for the Pies on the Fourth.
        Though not at all the same, I guess your company's not alone as I got the same kind of surprise when I was checking out possible Fourth-of-July runs and found out that the booming economy seems to have skipped over the beloved Northwest Runner Magazine that’s been documenting PNW runs for the last three-or-four decades, if not more.

Dear loyal reader of Northwest Runner:
        We regret to inform you that due to financial constraints,

we are unable to publish the July and August issues of Northwest Runner. 

We are currently researching options for the future of the magazine. 

We will post updates here on our efforts. 

We are saddened by this development

and ask for your patience as we look for a path forward.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Enke}}}

TomS - glad your DW is okay.

I get 10 vacation days/year, too.

PT exercises and 10,000 steps for me on Friday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."