Masters Running

April 9 2024 Happy Birthday Henrun! (Read 39 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Birthday, Henry!  Keep on breaking the "rules" that the older you get the more you slow down!! 

Love the post yesterday, Steve.  Interesting characters, indeed.  And now that her mom's services are over, Karen is going better.  Thanks fo asking.  Speaking at 4 family memorial services in 19 months is almost too much to ask of anyone, let alone planning 2 of them.  But it's gardening season again, and that's her happiest of all places.

Moeb - Yes, I would love to know your routine.  I'm already finding my limits, but am able to keep things in the "1-3" range on a scale of "1-10". Speaking of which . . .

I did a bit too much yesterday.  I think it was the single leg bridge work.  I'm definitely learning where my deficits are. This a.m. I did a slow 3-mile walk/run and am none the worse.  I'm looking forward to my PT appt tomorrow to get some better direction on how to navigate this thing.

Okay - It's close to the end of the day, but I still have work to day . . . *raspberries!*

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

moebo

moebo--so Quebec City?  Neat. I haven't been there in years, though. I'm sure I've told this story here before but... we were once there and splurged on a fancy restaurant, ordered a variety plate of traditional Quebec cuisine, and realized half of the pricey meal was exactly like my mother's cooking!

Yes, we stayed in and around Quebec City for all our activities. It's a good destiantion for younger students because the city doesn't feel too big or intimidating, and French is so dominant that many people hardly speak English. The kids really feel like they are in a "foreign" place.

I actually got an email from the mom of one of the kids (the bus puker) to say he had so much fun that he has memories for a lifetime. So that makes me feel like it was worth the trouble.

Funny about your traditional Quebec cuisine experience! What kinds of things did you eat (besides poutine of course)?

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi masters,

I ran/hiked 13.2 trail miles today at Centennial Cone park, to check off my half marathon for the month.

I stopped and made Henry a birthday card out of pine cones at the high point!   Happy 90th, Henry!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

I'm Late To The Party!  Happy Birthday Henrun!  Can you imagine how many people he's inspired?  Who else gets birthday pinecones?

Love the meet up photo. 💕

Roch rides!

Moebo - Puking kids are not fun.  Ugh.

Tramps - Muddle through the play offs.

moebo--so Quebec City?  Neat. I haven't been there in years, though. I'm sure I've told this story here before but... we were once there and splurged on a fancy restaurant, ordered a variety plate of traditional Quebec cuisine, and realized half of the pricey meal was exactly like my mother's cooking!

I hope that was a complement.

Leslie - Don't be hard on yourself.  Overdoing it is what we do best.

I got 3 miles on the mill then the PT thing.  My officemate was back in today.  I joked with a person about the end of the world eclipse, and I really hurt his feelings.  I guess we really dodged a bullet.

SteveP

Henrun

Thank you all for your birthday greetings. You helped make it a very special day.

coastwalker

Hi Masters.

I just wanted to pop in to wish Henry a most wonderful belated 90th Birthday!! What an inspiration you are, Henry!

I was traveling over the weekend, and am having a wicked-busy week, so I probably won't be posting for a few more days. But I have been walking every day, including 5.5 predawn RW miles today (Ap. 10).

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.