Masters Running

Weds 1/28 Snowy Runs and Such (Read 674 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Well, Tim... then why don't you ask him for details and more info?
    Ummmm, not so much of an issue right now...but may be later....I hope in a strange way, lol. TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Is it not great we can discuss such issues...in a mature and learning way...really. Luv you all... Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Late night post of my very chilly run... 9.1 miles tonight, temps were about -25F (about -17 up where I left the car and closer to -30 down by the slough where I turned around) and windy at the top of the hill! Oh boy, I'm not used to that! The last .4 mile was up a steep hill into that headwind. At one point I turned my Garmin off, turned around and walked up backward with the wind at my back. A good run overall, and that's the only time I really got cold. 8:41 avg pace which includes the first 8:22 mile going down the big hill, and the 9:10 coming back up that thing. Amazingly enough, this was my first run using my new headlamp. That thing sure is bright!
          Yesterday's run - 6.01 miles - 47:46 (7:57) - 33° with snow & rain 8:29 - 8:20 - 7:58 - 7:24 - 7:20 - 8:08 - :06 I was tired last night ... upon arriving home in the snow & rain I had to drive through a huge freaking snowbank caused by the town's plow at the start of my driveway and of course I got stuck. I had to clean the driveway out earlier than I was going to and got absolutely soaked because it was now pouring rain. Angry I would rather have two feet of snow than a foot and then an inch or two fo rain! I am really, really tired of winter already. Dead