Masters Running

Happy Monday, my plane has a boo-boo and I'm bored at the gate on May 5th (Read 39 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy  masters,

Well, I'm home from my travels!  My DH is still on the road - he's going to a rock climbing area in Idaho for a couple of weeks before he'll be heading home.  I was planning to go with him, but recently two air permitting projects were offered to me through my part-time job, and it's easier to do them at home than on the road.  It was a fun month of travelling,  but it's also nice to be home for a while.

I've been running a bit, but my knee is still a bit cranky.  Mostly because every time it starts to feel better, I overdo it, and get another setback.    When will I learn?   Next time I head out to run, I'll try to go 2 or 3 miles, instead of 6 or 8...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Oops.  Late in the day for someone to notice.

We were just being polite Wink

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

evanflein

Ha, I didn't notice, but I'm late in the day checking in. Many of you have already signed off for the day.

Mother's Day. Well, certainly not as eventful as RCG's but it was busy. Got up early (for me anyway) and headed out for my last long run that I needed to get done by 11:30 if possible. 21.1 miles later, I was home and ready to upload my run before hopping in the shower when my Garmin gremlin struck again. The thing would sync to GarminConnect and get about half way done, and say it was all done, but no run showing. Damn! Tried over and over, checked the FAQ's on the troubleshooting page (no help), then gave up and went to DS1's commencement. After 3 1/2 hours sitting on hard chairs, he was a graduate of UAF with a BS in Biological Sciences. Whew. Then home to clean up the house a bit (read: frantic cat hair removal from furniture and most floor surfaces) before DS1, DIL2B and MIL show up for dinner. Long story short, I was exhausted and dozing off by 10 pm which is early for me.

Spent 30 minutes of quality time with the Garmin product support folks to find out there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my unit, this is just a glitch that happens every now and then. Data get corrupted and can't be fixed, delete and start over. So sorry. When I asked if  three long runs disappearing in a three month period was "every now and then," he agreed that was a little more frequent than normal.

Today's 6 mile easy run uploaded flawlessly, of course. Why wouldn't a piddly easy 6 mile run upload with no problems? It's the long, data heavy quality runs it likes to mess with. Grrrr. I'm starting to wonder about using this thing for a marathon, but at least I'll have an official time and distance afterwards whether it works or not.

mrrun

Oops.  Late in the day for someone to notice.

Some of us never noticed - is that because I'm retired??

Henrun

Howdy  masters,

I've been running a bit, but my knee is still a bit cranky.  Mostly because every time it starts to feel better, I overdo it, and get another setback.    When will I learn?   Next time I head out to run, I'll try to go 2 or 3 miles, instead of 6 or 8...

Welcome to the club of over doers!!!

Sayhey! MM#130

Mooooooooki. Jaabeeeeejaaaaaayyyyyyyy.  Peeeeeeeedeeeeee

and Travis and David and y'all........sweet dreams!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Who cares what day it is when it's an airplane boo-boo day.

That's enough to scare even me into sleeping in a bed, or wearing shoes and tights!

However, no particular reason, but could you do may 6th again too?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

ps stumps - have you been stuck there since May 5?

Hope you're not in Boston on the MTA.

For those of us who live under a rock...what does this mean?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

But the T calls it the Charlie Card

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

But the T calls it the Charlie Card

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."