Masters Running

Tuesday daily (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too:  me too

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

NHLA

Got  some snow!snow

NHLA

SteveP

Again, I', envious of TomS.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to read of that mishap. My DH also rarely answers the phone in the evening, but we do have Caller ID, so he generally recognizes the # and decides whether or not he wants to take the call. In our house, almost all calls are for him. I bet Paul feels awful about not answering the phone and I also bet that from now on, if the phone rings and you are not home, he'll answer it on the off chance it's you.

Unless I'm having a conversation, I answer all calls. You never know which call may change your life. However, when someone calls our land line, which does not have caller ID, the greeting is: "Thank you for calling the Holiday Inn of Buckley (population 697). How may I direct your call?", or "Subway! May I interest you in a $5.00 foot long". When we get a hung up, we figure it's a sales call.

Why is that dog wearing pants? And where does someone get them?

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Might as well enjoy being out there in the wild world.

(-15) is below my threshold for enjoying being out there, but I'd bet that if I had lovely wooded mountains to run in I might try it.  Do you run on trails when the snow is covering the ground or do you stick to the roads?

NHLA - nice pics!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."