Masters Running

Monday, 2.13.17 (Read 33 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

When I was filling out the (invasive) health survey I was sorely tempted to answer all the questions on anxiety, stress, and depression with the most extreme choices to see what they would do.  Now I wish I would have done that so I could mess with them for not following through on what they promised to me.

Yup, we have to go through that as well for our insurance through DH's employment.  An invasive online Health Assessment, and a relatively useless wellness screening, all so we can get a discount on our insurance.  PLUS, I still have to get my annual physical and bloodwork (which I would do anyway), and this renders the wellness screening just a waste of time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Greatest invention EVER!!

Image result for walgreens inflatable butt donut

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

Steve, I imagine the cape made you look approachable 

In this day and age, who lets young kids approach a middle age guy? Yet there were at least a dozen squealers showing off the treasures and discussing them.

2.6 miles at work.  Cool and hilly Monday run.  Tuesday is supposed to be wet around here and I sure didn't want to run in the rain.

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Well, as one of the plan sponsors of those "invasive" health surveys, I can say it is important that you do them honestly. There are always outliers, but we now have a three year "cohort" report that shows how our population is doing from a lifestyle perspective, and the biometric screenings get us verifiable data that we can use for other program development and see if we can offer other programs or services that could help. Our most recent report showed our employees are under severe stress, and we've had an increase in blood pressure as a population. That would seem to be a no-brainer, given our budget and program reduction (i.e., layoffs) situation, but we have proof that we have a condition that needs to be addressed. We've rolled out a customized weight loss program and a blood pressure awareness campaign that is getting positive response.

Holly, our program lets you use your annual wellness visit and blood work to earn credit on the wellness program. The health plan submits the visit information directly to the wellness program, and the doctor just fills out our form and sends it in so it's all done at once. We didn't want folks doing it twice, that's excessive testing and a waste of money!

Leslie, glad you found relief!

31 minutes of pool running. You know how some swimmers just glide through the water and hardly make a splash? Beautiful. Unfortunately, the guy in the lane next to me the last 10 minutes was not there. Flailing and splashing with every stroke, I felt like I got a shower every time we passed.  Glad I have a dryer and round brush in my bag....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I could easily have run in shorts, although at the risk of creeping everyone out with my snowy-white winter ghost-legs.

I did run in shorts, today!  It was 47o!  And I didn't care one bit about creeping everyone out with my snowy-white winter ghost-legs.

I went 8 miles which included 4 x 1200 intervals.  My speed is not where I want it to be....but I will keep working on it.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!