Masters Running

Saturday, June 20 Last-Day-of-Spring Runs (Read 330 times)

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Happy Anniversary Holly!

Tim - Good to hear you out on the road again.

I've been suffering with a head cold most of the week, but it eased up yesterday.  Hoping it was gone I went to the Timlin Memorial 5K for ALS.  I had already registered or I would have skipped it.  It turned out pretty well.  I just leaned into the pace until I was slightly uncomfortable and left it there.  When we turned the corner for the finish I kicked and passed a couple of people to take 28th place and 6 or 7th in age group.  I coughed up a bit in the beginning so I think the race blew out my cold (not really but fun to think of it that way).

1 5:45 - downhill, lots of people going crazy fast

2 6:20 - uphill, lots of people getting passed by a runner that did the course before :-)

3 6:15 - I may have missed the mile marker,

F  :35

18:55 (6:06 pace) 28th/1266 OA, 7th/152 in AG.

I felt bad for a running friend, she got a PR, but just missed sub-20 by seconds.  There was no start mat and she was  probably 10 second back, but it would have been nice to get credit for it.

-2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
    also on Twitter

Tim's back!!

Happy Anniversary, Holly and her DH!!

22 miles in 5:25 this a.m. in the forest.  LOTS of climbing, and my legs are ty-red, and so was Charlie  Dog.  Scheduled for 3 turns up the 14/8/12 combo, which is climbing, climbing and more climbing for 2 miles, then pounding down for 2 miles.  There was a lot of walking during the 3rd round.  Then had another 9 miles to go.  Took . . . a bit . . . of time.  This was the longest run I've done since my marathon last October.

Now I'm off to the ball park to watch the Humboldt Crabs play http://www.humboldtcrabs.com/.  Oldest, continuous  semi-pro baseball team in the country.  I believe this is the 65th year.  My DH was the asst coach for 4 years, then the head coach for 10.  This is our 5th year of not being involved, but my legal prof group is having a BBQ there.  Don't think I'll make it through a double header, though.

You all have a great weekend.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Tim, by looking at your icon, it seems you're doing well.

SteveP