Masters Running

Saturdaily August 26 (Read 29 times)

Starting out.   My 3 hour run didn't happen.  I have some big stressors right now and not sleeping well.  Knew this wasn't going to be the day, despite good weather.   Maybe tomorrow.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the start, KSA.  I sure do understand the not sleeping well due to stress stuff.  I think I've gotten 1 good night's sleep in the last 3 weeks.

I got to our practice at 7:00 am to get in 8 miles before the rest of the team arrived at 8:00.  I did those first 8 miles on a paved course in about a 7:20 pace.  Then, for the last 6 I went onto the hilly trails and the pace went to 8...then 8:20...then 8:30...you get the picture...it wasn't pretty.  I was supposed to do 14 but, when I got done, I circled back to try to find my granddaughter and got in 2 more for a total of 16 miles...I never did find the kid.  There are so many different trails on this course we run on.  Sometimes I wonder if the kids really know if they're on the right trail and if they really know how far they're running.  At least they're running.

After practice we went to the breakfast at one of the girls' house.  This girl also hosted a sleep over for all the girls on the team last night.  My granddaughter went and I got to hear the stories as I dove her home after breakfast.  These kids sure do have fun.  Have I ever told you how much I love these kids?

Okay--I think I'm going to go and try to sneak in a quick nap before Debbie gets home.  See ya!

Dave59

Cupcake Chase 5k.  Beautiful weather. 27:53. More into in the weekend race reports.

[[[twocat]]

...mid 80s here

.did a 50-min combo

================

.....overdid

it last week'

and tore up my back

...as I was coming in, I remembered something I used to tell my Mentees-

''You Learn from Your Training,

but Occasionally you have to Pay for The Lesson''

.................good  Running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Henrun

Way to go Dave-and the 5K was an afterthought.

I can relate to the sleep problems-I always sleep better when I'm away from home even though there are minimal stresses at home.

Another beautiful day here in the Hamptons-warm, sunny and dry. Went for a 14 mile bike ride with Marj, BIL and SIL, stopping for lunch in a cutesy town. This evening we're joining some of thei friends for an outdoor concert staging of Kiss Me Kate.

spacityrunner

I think I would like to do a Cupcake 5k...

Healing vibes to twokitty...

I have paid for many a lesson.

4.1 miles around the neighborhood in HHH conditions (hot humid hilly).  But the temps are in the low 80's so there's that!  Managed a 12 m/m. That makes me happy.

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

10 miles for twocat today. 6 to the office, worked for 3 hours then 4 miles back home, the short route way.

Update on twocat, he will stay at the hospital tonight. He was pretty miserable and very sleepy all day.  Hugs to Twocat. And Mrs Twocat too.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

{{{Continued healing thoughts for Twocat}}}

Today was errand-running and house-cleaning and garden-watering and cooking stuff going on. I bought a food processor today.  You would think by this ripe age I would have one, but all I have is a mini Cuisinart processor that holds about 1.5 cups, so I suppose it is about time.  Anyway I am making falafels for dinner for DS and his GF with a recipe I got off Epicurious.com, and made some tahini sauce to go with them.  They will be over shortly and I can finish it up and feed them and will see if they pass muster.  DS is vegetarian (not to be confused with vegan) and has been getting falafels at a local Mediterranean grocery/restaurant that are tough to compete with.  Maybe when Twocat is up and about I can ask him for tips.

6 miles total for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Holly, I got a Cuisinart (the big one) for a wedding gift, and I think I've used it less than 10 times in 28 years. But it's great for making Ribs' chopped salad recipe. Let me know how the felafel turns out, I bet my DH would love that.

{{Twocat}} sounds like a rough time, hope he feels better soon. I just can't imagine.

Ran the Musk Ox Run half marathon today. This race was always billed as 11 miles, but it was 10.7. So when they started calling it 13.1, I didn't really pay much attention. But hey, they really made it a half marathon distance so that's what we did. All trails, all hills, lots of roots and some mud (but not much, really). The weather was about perfect and I didn't fall, so it was a really good run! Finished 3rd woman out of not many (not sure), and came in just under 2:10 which was my "soft" goal. I didn't really care about time since this was a training run for Equinox, but I did want to put in a good effort.

Now my legs and glutes are exhausted, but I'm heading out to the yard to work in the garden and clean up more tree debris from the trees we felled in July. That project will be ongoing for quite some time...

Nice racing, Erika.  I need to go read Dave's report.

{{{2Kitty}}}

40 min of core/ST after over 6 hrs of overtime.  I'm tired of working 6-day weeks, but it ain't over yet.

The Hub gets home tomorrow.  I'll be happy to have him home, but I've definitely enjoyed my alone time these last 11 days.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

catwhoorg

Labrat

17 and change with 2 x 20 min tempos.

One of my personal core workouts for HM training.

Then a walk to the play park with the family on tried legs.

Get to dinner time with 2000 calories to go in your plan, means I did not eat adequate during the day

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18