Masters Running

40s, 50s, 60s+ On the Run - w/e 01/09 (Read 524 times)

. . . comments went from making her feel uncomfortable/intimidated to "you freaking pig" to "that's right". S

I just about spit coffee all over my keyboard. 

Jim - You know, if you take off half the clothing you'll get about 250 points in the badassery category.  And yeah, Dessa Lou doesn't seem to be too bothered by it all.

Joe - Freezing temps, not enough clothing - - yeah, that just about equals fast runs.

Cindy - I  musta missed the first episode of "As The Heart Burns," but it sounds like quite the love issue.

Evis (get it?  Ev + Elvis = Evis . . . never mind . . .)  And was that Roy Orbison alone or as one of the Traveling Wilburys?  Love 'em both.

Rest day for me, and I took full advantage of it since I didn't have to be at work 'til around 9:00.  Got up and fed the zoo around 6:00 so they'd leave me alone (theoretically), then went back to bed 'til almost 8:00.  Felt really, really good.

Another long weekend ahead of me.  Keep your fingers crossed I don't fall apart again.  Oh!  And my brother is coming up to visit, so he and my dad will be coming for dinner on Sunday and we can finally give my dad his Christmas present!! 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Jim - you're smart to be careful, those are indeed some dangerous temps. Funny about Dessa, I thought the same thing, she looks all kinds of casual.

Cindy - all you need sniffing around is a long-missing ex. Ugh.

Leslie - I'm with you on the kids at work thing. Our dean sometimes does that, brings a small one and then more or less makes one of the lab techs babysit. Kinda nervy if you ask me. Not like she can't afford the occasional sitter.

Got my Feelmax shoes in the mail today, gonna go try 'em out right now!

Arla

Ex runner

Evis (get it?  Ev + Elvis = Evis . . . never mind . . .)  And was that Roy Orbison alone or as one of the Traveling Wilburys?  Love 'em both.

Evis.....now that's funny!   That was Roy as a Wilbury.  Nice call.

Jim....new level of badassery, right there, I tell you what. 

A nice 6er this evening.  Temp was about 22F during the run.  Absolutely no wind.   What a beautiful late afternoon/evening it was. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Gonna have to forfeit the extra credit Badassery points, as I don't do exposed skin at -14. Frostbite, been there done that, don't wanta do it again.  Poor Dessa Lou went to the door 3 times stuck her nose out and came back in before we shoved her little butt out to p. She had been out about 2 minutes in the pic.lol

Ev, quite the balladeer.... nice miles and glad evothrday is healing well. Those collarbone injuries suck been there on that one also.

Arla what is the feelmax shoe, like a Free?

Leslie kinds sucks when you are expected to be the unpaid office babysitter. I had had employees bring kids to work here, in a very dangerous environment. Just hated it, wouldn't put up with it in this day and age.

Joe nice miles and enuff mix tween outside and TM top keep it interesting.

Cindy your Ex ??

Carol glad you never let the cold take hold. Hope you find a good place for your Dad in law.

Speaking of which my dad fell and tweaked his back and is in the hospital. Supposed to do an MRI monday when the mobile MRI unit is in town. Hopefully no serious injury but he is in some pain. Doc gave him some flexerol (Ihate that stuff) muscle relaxant and it gave him stroke symptoms so we all got real concerned. He seems to be doing better today. We don't really need this now, but if we gotta deal with it, so be it. Hopefully he can go back home, we shall see. On the plus side he actually is the food and eating right.........also liking the call button and attention. 

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Jim - sorry to hear about your dad, hope he feels better real soon.

Leslie - I just realized that when you wrote "long weekend ahead" you meant another back-to-back long run weekend. Good luck and here's to a happy tummy!

Feelmax shoes are super-minimal shoes, the sole is so thin you can feel itty bitty pebbles through them. I had a nice 6 miles in them, they feel almost exactly like barefoot - now to see how long that thin sole lasts!

Racing tomorrow, local 6 miler, plan to run it hard just to see how close I can come to getting points towards our local racing series. Probably have a long way to go yet, but that's part of the appeal!

Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Jim- hope your  Dad gets better real soon.

Arla- GOOD LUCK with your RACE! (googling Feelmax now)

Jim...take care of your dad....hope it all turns out OK. 

Arla....I'm sure you smoked that 6 mile race....here's an early congrats!

Leslie....hope you enjoyed your rest day.  Good luck this weekend and your got your brother and Dad.....have fun!

Been to the livestock show today.  Evryothrday's GF showing pigs.  We're not really ag folks so it was pretty new to us.  What  a great activity for those kids.  Very impressed.

Just got back from a nice and very slow 3 miler. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Ev - pigs are cool, always like them. Here's a PG-13-rated piggie cartoon for ya (even includes something about running) http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pigs

Leslie - Sending energetic vibes...don't forget to eat well tonight!!

Joe - ping me if you want to hear more about the Feelmax. So far, so good. I'll probably write more in the BF forum, but not until I see how long they last.

My 6 miler went pretty much as planned, I was hoping to beat 52:00, pulled off a 50:38 without too much strain, starting to feel a little tired the last two miles, and just one place out of the AG awards.

Have a good rest 'o' the weekend, all.

Ex runner

Ev - pigs are cool, always like them. Here's a PG-13-rated piggie cartoon for ya (even includes something about running) http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pigs

I had no idea!      Great stuff....thanks Arla.

Way to go Arla, super nice time! That is quite the pace!

Here's the temps for the week....

Today, 48H/26L

Mon.    58H/31L

Tues.  61H/35L

Wed.   68H/51L

Thur.   75H/63L

Fri.      76H/65L.....bout time!

My sister lives about 2 and half hours North of me and she got snow! Ocala area.....not much to stick around but she snapped a few pics of it! Crazy I tell ya.

Waiting just a little while longer for the weather to warm up just a tad so I can go run. It is not only freezing out but very windy as well.

Had to go into work yesterday to catch up so today is my day off! Housework is on the agenda.....

Enjoy your Sunday everyone,

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee