Masters Running

Sunday, April 25, After the Rain Runs (Read 595 times)

That Tag aka Avenger Dog - What a corker!

'Posai - Great news about your son!

Holly - That sounded like a really nice mom/daughter time . . . regardless of what happened later in the day.

Tim -   Ooouuuccchhh.

Well, I didn't hire any goats, but the pygmies have been run off, for the time being. I spent a HUGE amount of time doing x-training in the yard.  Cripes, my back is done in.  The most important part - The Hub owes me BIG TIME!!!!!  And he knows it. That may be the best part of all.  The Story:  We seriously needed to get some yard work done today.  However, his buddies wanted him to go out to the drag races with him and smoke tri-tips.  What to do, what to do.  He owes me fence around our front yard (which I've been wanting for a long time), I get to do some semi-extensive landscaping in the front yard, and I get to put my flower pots back on the back deck (albeit on those little feet).  He said he felt like he was making a deal with the devil.  Heh, heh, heh.  

I tell you what, though - after about 6 hours of major mowing with a monster of a rental mower, fighting with the frigging weed eater that almost got slung out into the road and run over, pulling weeds, lugging around bags of potting soil, and repotting a bunch of plants, I deserve everything in the bargain and more.  My back is begging for Alleve, but it sure does look better around here, if I do say so myself.

On top of that somehow - and I remember doing it, I just don't remember why I did it - I forked myself in my left thumb yesterday.  It must've gone under the nail.  That and all the yard work I did today, for crying out loud my thumb hurts!  It's actually throbbing.  The worst part - it's my left thumb and I'm left handed, and I can apply any pressure to it, use it do anything.

I also somehow whacked myself in the forehead today.  I have absolutely no idea how I did it, but I have a nice knot that's already turning a faint shade of purple.  . . . . At least I didn't mow over my foot or anything like that.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Geez, Leslie, sounds like a tough day in the yard!  But hey, quit complaining - with all our new snow, I'm not gonna be even thinking about yard work for another month at least.   It looks like winter out there. Bleh.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.