Masters Running

Saturday - 2/12 where is everyone? (Read 474 times)

Maniac 505

Welcome HeeMee.  I was really sad when the old CR cratered and the group split up.   sorry to hear things are not so good at KR, but if it brings more of the old friends into this space in the ether, maybe it is not all bad?

anyway,  welcome,  it is always to see old friends back.

Dave

Wildchild:  Love my yaktracks.  I'm a cat person (but cool with dogs), no kids.  My cat drinks beer, wine and single malt scotch.  No tequila.  He's smarter than me.

Hi Divechief!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

No shit!! 

Is this a legal word here?  Big grin   You two have probably meant and don't even know it!

And Hem - You're a trail runner and a cat person?  Dang, I'm sure if we lived near each other we'd be BFFs!! Wink  I have 5 of the 4-legged furry buggers.  Nobody drinks alcohol, though.

My buddy, Karen, loaned me a Yoga for Athletes DVD.  I'm itching to try it out.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Good evening!

Heme! It's nice to see you over here.  yes, KR has really dwindled down. Some days a daily a doesn't even get started, or if it does, it might be afternoon MY time, which is west coast.  I've also been thinking lately about whether or not to continue posting there. My time is becoming more and more limited and I feel like I just give a little of myself there and then I try to give a little of myself here, but what it ends up being quite often is short fly-bys and not a lot of time to invest in what is really going on with people and then you get the feelings of disconnect and I don't really like that either.

anyways, didn't get much of a run in today. plan was 10, but by the time my sons basketball game was over, we got home, I got changed, had a quick little something to eat, it was about 3:30 when I headed out. I ended up quitting at 6.4 miles as I really needed to get some dinner started and get showered, etc.  But tomorrow should be a more lowkey and mellow day, so will try for 10 miles tomorrow instead.

We should have a gardening thread here. many of us here are gardeners and at least in my part of the country, we can actually start thinking about gardening. I even bought a bunch of seeds today. Starting to daydream about plans for the garden!

Tammy

Mariposai

My exact feeling and there reason I have decided to make RA my focus...I just don't have the time for more at this moment.

Gardening thread (with bikini gardeners) sound fabulous to me!!!Blush

Hey, I bought my first package of seed today...swiss chard and collard greens (they are normally gone by the time I am ready purchase them)

Good evening!

I've also been thinking lately about whether or not to continue posting there. My time is becoming more and more limited and I feel like I just give a little of myself there and then I try to give a little of myself here, but what it ends up being quite often is short fly-bys and not a lot of time to invest in what is really going on with people and then you get the feelings of disconnect and I don't really like that either.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I'd love a gardening thread! And yes, I'm one of those bikini gardeners, and proud of it! Just got my Ronniger potato garden catalog today (based in Colorado) and can't wait to order some!

Had a good run today, a progressive run on the treadmill. 10.1 miles total with the first 2 miles @ 8:50, then 2 @ 8:34, 2 @ 8:20, 2 @ 8:06, 1 @ 7:54 and 1.1 @ 8:34. Felt pretty good throughout and was tempted to keep going at that 7:54 pace, but wanted to wind it down and finish. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow for a long 
              run. It's supposed to be colder tomorrow and early into the week. Looking forward to getting back to a regular schedule next week. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Is this a legal word here?  Big grin  

Hmmmm, let's see.....(thumbing through the rulebook).......yep, I think we're okay with this usage....

Big grin

,.....dreaming of gardening........

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

18 miles is usually my warm up for a 5k and my last one was 20:19...in hills.

Yeah but, I still have a faster 5K time than you................19:36  Joking

Smile

T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm one of those bikini gardeners

Makes me want to become a gardener............well, close to Erika's garden Smile

Nice run BTW E.................as I suppose your OA ave pace was like.............................8:30 pace or close Wink

T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Same here. I just went and poked around. Wow. What happened? And more importantly, where did everybody go?

A bunch went to FB and are involved in a quasi-forum there. I started at CR just as it was ending, so I'm somewhat aware of the dispersal of folks, but not completely.

I did not run yesterday, only went to yoga class, and this morning I woke up feeling a little more balanced. So of course I'm itching to run now....

Oh, but I did want to share this, the fruits (ha) of my creativity from last night: