Masters Running

Boston has filled already! (Read 406 times)

Thank goodness I registered right away.  There are going to be sooo many disappointed runners.  This was really fast.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Unbelievable.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Good thing I signed up early!!!
          wow - that was really fast!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

Whew!  Got my card in the mail yesterday.  Is this the earliest it has filled?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Great.  Just when I think qualifying might be within reach by aging up, I feel like perhaps I'll be chasing new numbers soon!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I got my card in the mail Thursday also Holly.  As did Peter I think.

Yes, this is easily the earliest it's ever filled up.  6 weeks or more sooner than last year.

There are a bunch of local runners who are running San Antonio (tomorrow), Space Coast (29th), or Palm Beach (12/6) hoping to qualify.  CIM in Sacramento qualifies a big percentage every year (middle of Dec.).  Bummer.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

lamerunner

I signed up the other day even though I am far from being back to that level of fitness. Have not received confirmation card  yet but the on line registration went through ok, so I hope I made it in.

This is very early though. Last year I think I signed up in February! and in the old days I used to qualify in February...

Given how early this filled up I with the BAA would reconsider its policies about transferring bibs, or at least allow runners to "sell" them back.  I signed up early because I feared getting closed out.  But what if I still cannot run a marathon by April?  (Heck what if I still cannot run at all?!)  It seems ridiculous that I cannot let the BAA reissue the bib.  After all I will know well in advance if I cannot run the race.  I imagine others are in the same boat as I am, and yet many more will be in it sometime this winter.  But, none of those bibs will be available to the many runners that would like to get them.  The typical excuse is that the BAA does not have the funding or manpower to handle all the paperwork this would create.  Nonsense.  Many of the locked out runners would be happy to pay an administrative fee that would easily cover the cost of doing this.  Money is not the issue here.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I agree wholeheartedly, twocat.  Doesn't the Marine Corps Marathon have an option like the idea you've advanced?
                      Masters 2000 miles
                      PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

This is crazy.

When do they open registration for 2011?

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

My first marathon in 2004 was Marine Cporps and I got my bib through a bib transfer.  Very nice, fair system.  Same thing with the Army 10 Miler.  More should do that. I sure have contributed to alot of empty slots with DNS's

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Given how early this filled up I with the BAA would reconsider its policies about transferring bibs, or at least allow runners to "sell" them back.   

Maybe there needs to be an onslaught of people contacting the BAA and suggesting this....which of you are the most persuasive?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

This is crazy.

When do they open registration for 2011?

It is usually in September.

Runners run