Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.10.18 (Read 42 times)

TammyinGP

Anyone? Someone? We could use a little good news here!

I got  a raise and a bonus today. and it's not raining and mid 40's. so i'm happy.

eta: and I didn't even need to go through one of those pointless performance reviews to get my raise and bonus!  

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I got  a raise and a bonus today. and it's not raining and mid 40's. so i'm happy.

That sounds like actual good news.  Congrats!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

That sounds like actual good news.  Congrats!!

You mean me not dying is not actual good news? 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

You take your life into your hands every time you sit in that passenger seat Holly  Have you worn a spot for the imaginary brake pedal on the passenger side?

Thanks you guys. After two funerals in two days, I really needed this. Congrats on the raise Tammy. And thanks Tom - you too Kevin

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations, Tammy!  That is good news.

Hey!  Holly didn't die!  That's pretty good news, too.

Paul--it sounds like you're doing the Hanson Marathon plan.  Have you done it before?  It's tough to get through, but I love it!

I did 12 miles with 9 tempo miles sandwiched between a 1.5 mile warm up and a 1.5 mile cool down.

Okay--I guess that's all I got.  See ya!

Very good news, Tammy! Congratulations!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Er... my DD drove me around for 30 minutes last night and we did not die.....

After having 3 learn in our household, this made me laugh.

Evening run in 54 degrees. Really? Last week is -50, well not really here, and now this. FWIW I like it like today. 3.5 after 4 hours of interviews, 4 conference calls and 4.5 hours in the car from Chicago. I needed that.

Time to get to chores.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

4.6 on the trails, 410' gain

You want good news? My life accomplice looks like Gal Gadot and talks like Divine, and best of all, tolerates me. That's all good news to me. 

Good news on the bonus, Tammy!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Okay time for a vote. Is Holly S. not dying good or bad news? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

we're ALL dying.

it's just a matter of when.

I would vote that "not dying" is fake news, but that not dying today is good news.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, fairly quick post.  9 miles today, with temps in the 50s.  Good pace, sub 7:45.  Taught spin after work.

Jlynne/Tramps, Churchill was a man of his times and (it being Britain and all) a man of his class.  At that time it was normal in society to say things that today would probably be considered racist.  As for his being idolized more in America than Britain, I think we Americans probably have romanticized him more than the Brits but he's pretty revered over there (rightfully so IMHO).  When the BBC broadcast 100 Greatest Britons (based on polling of the British public) Sir Winston came in at .... #1.  This was in 2002.  And there was a lot of impressive competition (Shakespeare, Elizabeth I, the Duke of Wellington, Marlborough--one of Churchill's ancestors just to name a few....).  As for bios, my favorite is a three parter by Manchester (and Reid for the last volume after Manchester had a stroke).  Called The Last Lion.  First volume is Visions of Glory, second is Alone, and the last is Defender of the Realm.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

Running back-to-back days seems to contribute to flare-ups, so I try to alternate.  Yesterday bike, today run.

I shall follow this plan as I recover from my knee injury.

Yesterday was yoga and an hour at the gym

Today was testing the knee for 3 miles...checking with how the knee was feeling every half a mile.

Tomorrow will be resting...

Moving on to a this long road to recovery.

Cheers to all.

REMEBER....every mile is a gift

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch, then 8 after work.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18