Masters Running

Saturday 12/9 Daily from 30,000 Feet (Read 33 times)

Falconfixer

Congratulations Quickadder!

Nice race Quick!

I ran out of time today so I got in 4.75 on the trails just before it got dark. Maybe a long run tomorrow.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Hey friend - long couple days for me ..... did get in 2.2 miles yesterday after seeing Justin at the residential treatment center and today did 5.1 with lightly falling snow in the morning.

The place he is at looks great - I missed his call today, but by his voicemail it sounds like he is settling in and thanked me several times for getting him there.

My husband on the other hand is livid. Apparently even tho this place takes my insurance, I never checked if it was in or out of network and he thinks he could end up costing us several thousand dollars. Personally, I don't think so since they never asked for my signature or approval for treatment and I am the insurance subscriber. And, if it does it does. I feel like he needs this chance to get it together in a structured facility. I saw the place yesterday and was impressed. My husband isn't really talking to me right now which is foolish since we don't even know how this will go. Oh well, tis the season!!

MikeE - hope all goes well with the skin for you!!

Quickadder - great race

denise

Deez-  Unfortunately my guess is that it will cost you several thousand dollars, but if it is the right place for your son, it’s worth it.  My experience and that of co-workers is that insurance  covers hardly anything at the decent mental health or addiction treatment facilities.  The facilities will take what they can get, but you are usually on the hook for some pretty big bucks.   I’m glad he’s settling in and grateful to be there, though.  Great first step.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Quickadder - nice HM!

Falconfixer - I am from Ohio and I still feel like 16 degrees is cold.  I am definitely NOT a good cold weather runner.  Feels like my legs stiffen up and I run like a rusty Tin Man.  Plus, I just hate to be cold.   I end up dressing in so many layers I look like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man.  Ah well, I had better settle in and get used to it.

Carolyn - looks like fun and I love the pictures!

{{{Deez}}}  I am glad Justin is in a good place, and I hope your insurance ends up covering it.  If not, just send $50/month on the bill.  They can send angry letters, but I don't think they can do much more than that.  At least in Ohio, medical bills cannot put a lien on your house.  Sorry your DH is taking it out on you, rather than seeing how good it is for Justin.

We going to be hit with some large medical bills from DH's vein surgery before Thanksgiving and the next one right after Christmas, probably about $4,000, but it is what it is.  It needed to be done, and next year our insurance is going to be much worse, as they are removing our current plan as an option and replacing it with a HSA.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."