Masters Running

Thursday Daily, 1.21.13 (Read 46 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yikes - you never know what you'll find here: Fresh babies (nice), tales of long days, retirement planning, and mailbox distances and logistics.

Sorry, the leftovers from our paella will be consumed by the residents of the asylum.

Our mailbox is about 30 yards from the house, and I sometimes stop to pick up the mail on my way in or out of the driveway. So I suppose you could say I'm a lazy slug who drives to his mailbox.

Our cable TV box got fried when we lost power in Sunday's storm. I haven't made the time to go pick up a replacement, so we've been without TV since then. You know, it's not so bad - there is nothing we need that we can't find online, and most of what is on TV is, sadly, stuff that we just don't need. So one wonders if we'll ultimately replace the box, or cut the cable company free. Stay tuned (so to speak)...

Speaking of technology, I read this morning that new FCC regs require you to, if you have a signal repeater (booster) for your cell phones, you are supposed to register it with, and get permission to use it from your provider. Yeah, right...

No workout again today, as I'm trying to give this cranky body a break and focus just on healing before I start hitting the roads again.

Cheers,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mariposai

We have a post office box and the post office is about 50 feet from my work and adjacent to my bank. Very handy to live in a small community (most of the  time).

Arf, Banff registration has to wait because with so many spring marathons, I have to wait for the "fun fund" to recover first Joking before I register for other races.

I think twocat would make a cute water lily Smile.

Coastwalker, I rather enjoy making and eating paella. In fact, I am make paella this weekend for my friends during our ski trip to Canada.

Running, 7 miles with 5x 2 telephones posts at faster speed plus 5 times 2  city blocks hill reps  before the rooster called the morning to come. Now let the whirlwind of events begin!

Hi grandma Jlynne!!!

Hey grandma deez4boys, how many more days before your grandchild is born?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

4 miles this morning just ahead of the storm, and now I'm done for the week, 20 miles.  So that's back to back 20 mile weeks as a taper.  Now I have two days off; race is Sunday.  Pretty excited. We are expecting good weather too.  Spareribs

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

My good hip is still a bit cranky but better.  I jogged with one of my PT kiddos for 15 min around the gym.  That's it for today.  I'llbe jogging tomorrow in Tampa in the warm sunshine!

Funny but I do have several of my PT clients on running programs to increase their fitness.  I get a lot of flack about it but the kids love it.  I'm trying to pick a 5K to run with them.  That should be interesting!!!

I have enjoyed the pictures of aamos and the other RA/CR folks in them.  jlynne, great pictures of the new grandson, and his brothers, as posted by wild.  Also, it's a bummer aboutyour husband's necessary surgery.  roch and PBJ, "hi".

Nice ong run for maine and good job on the speedwork (telphone poles and hills) for mari.

This morning, I was concerned the roads would be icy and I have been suffering from "bad attitude" lately so hit the TM for 8 miles at a 10:54 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

C-R

First in a few days for me to post. Business travel.

I hope you get back out soon Jay. I've got a streak going and now get antsy if I even think about missing a run. Weird.

Sounds like you're ready to rock ribs. Good luck.

Well done wannabe. I think more people should enjoy running.

Smart call on the treadmill T.

Got 7 today at a nice easy pace getting ready for Sunday. It supposed to be 80 (60 at the start) but raining so that might help.

Currently reading 14 Minutes by Slazar. Very interesting read. I didn't know much about him but it is a good way to get his view of himself.

Have fun all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

...astonished

to learn Jay is a Lazy Slug who drives to his mailbox.....

==========

currently

being a Lazy Slug

(because Jay is my RoleModel)

who

is doing

Doodley Squat

..........technically that's Doodley ''Non-Squat''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

arf

MM #405

Tomwhite - Jay is allowed to be a lazy slug, he is healing........you, on the other hand are not allowed to do Doodley anything, you are my mentor!

PBJ - So good to see you, !!!!!!!!!!!

Ribs - you are SO ready!   I wish you a great race in advance, Ultra boy

TomS - Nice 8 miler on the TM!  I hope your Bad attitude turned good!

It's my daughters 24th birthday today.  She has a degree in Psychology and is now in Med school at the University.  Cake and presents tonight!

have a great day!

arf

TW - Big grin

Our mailbox is a short walk up to the corner, but I get cranky if someone is parked in the way and I can't stop and do the hand-out-the-window thing and have to actually walk the less than 20 seconds from in front of the house to the box.

8 miles this a.m. at a steady average pace of . . . oh , whatever.  It wasn't as fast as I thought.  I still claim the two hills I climb on this route are what kill my average pace.  And unless someone here wants to come and see if that's true, it's a claim that will stand until debunked!

Saturday is my birthday, as well as the birthday of one of my dearest friends.  (Also, my middle name is Renee, her first name is Rene.  We're both blond haired, green-eyed.  We could definitely be sisters.)  Anyhoo, Shorty is gonna go do some freebie yard work for them during the day, and smoke a couple of tri-tips.  Rene and her hub going to do the rest of the dinner, and after my 24-mile trail run, all I will have to do is show up and eat.  Sounds pretty darn good to me!

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Saturday is my birthday, as well as the birthday of one of my dearest friends.  (Also, my middle name is Renee, her first name is Rene.  We're both blond haired, green-eyed.  We could definitely be sisters.)  

Saturday is my birthday too but alas no part of my name is Renee and I don't have enough "e"s in my names to spell Renee. Nor do I have green eyes and I'm a dirty blonde. But I can wish you a heartfelt Happy Birthday! Cool

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TammyinGP

Saturday is not my birthday. But I do have blonde hair and greenish eyes. sometimes they are blue though. depends on my mood. And I have a friend named Renee and another friend named Rene. But Renee is a girl and Rene is a guy, so they are not sisters. nor are they related.

that is all.

Tammy

Correct Spelling:  Renee (with a do-hickey on the last "e")

Incorrect Spelling: Rene (and no do-hickey on the "e")

She refuses to change the spelling of her name, though, which I find to be quite rude and almost intolerable.  But for food prepared entirely by someone other than me, I'm willing to bend a little.

I used to be blonde; now, I have no idea what it's called.  My hairdresser says, "It's your color," and I'm thinkin', "There's a hair color called 'Fatozzig'?"

Happy pre-birthday, C-R!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Saturday is not my birthday

. But I do have blonde hair and greenish eyes.

sometimes they are blue though. depends on my mood.

And I have a friend named Renee and another friend named Rene.

But Renee is a girl

and Rene is a guy,

so they are not sisters.

nor are they related.

that is all.

...I'm guessing Colonel Mustard in The Library, with The CandleStick.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Happy almost birthday fatozzig and C-R!

arf a Venus fly trap catches bugs I, alas, seem to create them.

Mariposai are you saying I am all wet?  Angry

tselbs I am not sure about you but a TM run is not a good way to get me into a good attitude.  Although slipping on ice is a really good way to get a very bad attitude going!

I ran 12 this morning.  Right now I am totally wiped out.  Long week at work.  This is the first night I have been home for dinner.  Nothing interesting in the mail.  Not even rabbit paella.  Sad

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

8 for me today.  My hands got so cold, even with gloves on, so when I came in, I said to DW "I wonder if I have Raynaud's?"   She rolled her eyes and said, "We've been through all this before."

I've been watching the Swamp if you're familiar with that group here and was pleased to find that I'm next to Wildchild in the list of annual mileage, and we're both ahead of the pace bunny in the quest for 2,000.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me