Masters Running

Thursday OMG it's Almost Swimsuit Season! Weightloss Thread Week 6 (Read 381 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nono, ok. Your scales are in your pantry (????)...what the heck is in your bathroom...I think I will be sorry for asking. Fussy, you are my kind of Gal. A 50K is about 12.2 miles...no big deal really (grins) Leslie....quinoa...I quit "dope" along time ago sweetie. I love brown rice, as I think the texture and taste is better than white rice. Ok, off to bed per Momma Erika...she is so kewl. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

got down 3 pounds in the last month and now we should just maintain this...thru the summer

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Nono, ok. Your scales are in your pantry (????)...what the heck is in your bathroom...I think I will be sorry for asking.

Scales?   How many you think I have in there Tim?     It's one, and it's where I weigh in and record my weight.  Everytime I have to go in there for food, it's a subtle reminder of what my focus should be.

As for my bathrooms, nothing is on the floor in them.  Uncrowded and neat.  Can't say that about many other areas of the house (toys mostly).

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Prince of Fatness

May 1 - 168 lbs.
          May 8 - 166.5 lbs.
          May 15 - 167.5 lbs.
          May 22 - 169.5 lbs.
          May 29 - 170.5 lbs.
          June 5 - 166.5 lbs.

Down 4 pounds from last week.  I expected to lose maybe a pound or so, but I didn't think I had lost 4.  Maybe there really is something to all of this hormone talk.

Go figure.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, you can carb load on whatever you want for a 50 K.  How long is  a 50K???

50K = 31.07 miles.  This race is a bit more than that, at 31.7 miles. 

And no, I can’t really just eat anything.  My maintenance caloric intake on a non-running day is about 1500 calories.  So today I will aim at taking in an extra 600-800 calories, or a total of 2100-2300 calories.  Annoying sometimes, being a small middle-aged woman.  But if I eat too much, I will feel sluggish and logey and slightly nauseous tomorrow morning (been there, done that), so I try to find that middle ground.

31.7 miles x 85 calories/mile burned = 2,694 extra calories I get to consume for this race.

Say, 800 extra today, plus 6 gels @110 calories each and maybe 24 oz. Gatorade and assorted small munchies during the run, leaves me about 1000 extra calories I get to have tomorrow night.  How many calories is in a bottle of white wine?  Maybe 600, so that means tomorrow night I get to have 2 slices of pizza and a bottle of wine. 

Leslie – that sounds delish!  I need to write that down.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, the calories in wine don't count.

Have a wonderful run and when I get back I want to hear all about it. You continue to amaze me.

TammyinGP

Leslie, thanks for your advice on rice suggestions. We do have Lundberg rices mixes here and I think I've tried them before. Generally, I just stick to buying organic rice in the bulk section of Ray's, rather than the pre-packaged rices, but once in awhile would be okay.

Mixing up some diced veggies like you mentioned would be good too. I'll try that. Usually, I just steam up a large batch of rice and then when I'm getting a lunch made to bring to work with me, I take a serving out to heat up at the office.

I was down another pound today. So now only 2 lbs from goal, but I think that is fake. I ran last night and only had a small sandwich and some pineapple when I got home last night, so didn't eat much for dinner.

Tammy

I believe Lundbergs is grown organically, unless I read their web site wrong.   Something else for the rice - cut up carrots real small, chop up some onion and garlic.  Saute the three 'til almost done.  Get your water going, add  veggie boullion cube, when you're ready to dump in the rice, add the veggie mix, too, and let it finish cooking right along with the rice.  I love rice.  The Hub tolerates it.  Ha!

Okay - off to bed.  I gotta get an early start tomorrow.

Later!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance