Masters Running

Friday, May 9th.....Daily run and fun (Read 510 times)

Renee the dog

Hi folks! I'm back from my 5 hr round trip to see my Mom. She's not in great shape, but I have to tell you, it was a very good visit. My Dad, my sister (more of a boomer than I am at 51) and I were all there together. My mother can string together 2 or 3 words and then says a bunch of gibberish, but she does it so well that it is hysterical. You really feel like you are the one with the problem and not her. I couldn't stop laughing, 'cause she's talking up a storm, and even she can sometimes hear that it's not what her brain is thinking. Once or twice she actually heard what came out of her mouth, would get a funny look on her face, and burst out laughing. After awhile though, I really felt like chugging a 6 pack, 'cause it really seemed like some drunken conversations I had in my younger days. The neurologist, attending doctor and speech therapist all quizzed her, and it was a comedy routine. She couldn't come up with my name any time, but oh the things she could come up with...like "sly" and "the younger one", and other stuff that was funny only to the family. So, net of it is that they will start rehab in the hospital, hopefully transfer her to a full time rehab center for a week or so, and then she'll be released. They aren't sure at 80 how far she'll come back, and if she's still at risk for another stroke. And, just to frame my mentioning my parents being difficult, they have kept my sister and I very distant and we know they aren't very organized, etc. Well, my Dad doesn't know where my Mom's insurance card is, doesn't have her SS#, and it's holding up the plan for getting her a slot in rehab. (!) So today, we tried to gently reinforce to my Dad that these are the types of things we need to know. Why didn't we know before this that he or she lost her health care card??? We could have helped them get a replacement card. Etc. Etc. Etc. Anyway, thanks everyone for the well-wishes. Babysitter came today after school and helped my husband out. She and I are going to go out for a 4 miler tonight. I can't wait! BTW, I will only say here that when I read the list of topics at the top of the forum, I was most disappointed that the LSD thread was a much different topic than anticipated. Wink Esp. in a Boomers forum.... Tongue

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I figure I can post this at the end of the day and thread and not many people will see it or hold me to it. Although my coach will. Not feeling great tonight tired and tight but my time goal for the 10K tomorrow morning is: a PB of sub 36:30 on a new course (so who knows what that will be like). My PB is 36:51 last year. Am I sandbagging below or not (the answer is not, but I figure I have to challenge myself to go lower. Here's an exchange from my coach and I: Subject: Annual Coffee (your choice) Bet - Franktown 10K Hey Do we have a coffee bet this year? This is the race where I won a coffee from you last year. I figure I should give you a chance to take it back from me this year. So since I am running very tired this year with lots of miles and I am still overweight, should the bet be you owe me a coffee if I go under 36:30 for 10K (I guess I really am being nice here but want to push myself). Note that it's a new course this year, so I have no clue what to expect. F Coach: Sure, you’re on. 36:30. I hope I lose. It would be my pleasure. Take care, Rick Zone3sports.com Crazy Tall strikes again...hoping for good weather. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Well........DD-in-law graduated as an RN with Honors. She already has landed a good job at one of the local hospitals. One lady who marched with my DD-in-law was given a standing ovation from the other grads and the crowd. Her story was that a week ago her son unexpectedly died . Despite the funeral and grief, she still mustered up the courage to take her exams and then come today to graduate. What a story huh? Here is a picture of my son and his wife (now RN). They are a remarkable couple and a joy for me to call my family. 5.21 miles this evening and it was a great run..... a great way to end the day. Nice picture of Enke......... Smile Nonoruns......glad to hear you had a successful visit. Life's situations are difficult to go through, but what seems impossible WILL work out. Aamos......Thanks for the reminder of the Sox game this evening.
        Vista
          ...vista//.......she is a DOLL........ ====== ...but I digress.... ........Lucky Day, Lucky Day...... at an Art Opening for Marine Corp Artsians.....they have cheese, they have pate, they have wine,,,,,, AND FREE BEER AND IT'S HOMEMADE AND THE LADY WHO MADE IT IS GOING TO OPEN A PUB ......it was a Banner Evening.... turns out the Lady came in 2nd Place in Our Official Trail Beer for the 19-mile Greenway (we don't have yet) .......it was Pumpernickel-Rye Stout.......and it was WONDERFUL and they had A WHOLE LOT OF IT ART IS GOOD even if it doesn't Match Your Couch....... .......sigh..... What a Great Cutural Event for me (The Swine the Pearls were Cast Before)..... .....................good whatever guys..........Support The Arts, they furnish Booze....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Nono - so glad you and your family - even mom herself - we able to laugh together at such a difficult time. It's huge to be able to do that. Ribs - the whole "have a plan" thing has really helped me over the past month or so as I've been increasing mileage. At least once a week, there's a day that I might have skipped if it weren't for the training plan sitting there staring me down. (OK, the fact that my feet aren't in agony because my orthotics are working - hooray - may have something to do with it as well.) enke - so, so glad your marathon-ic accomplishment is starting to sink in and you're able to feel proud of yourself. Congrats to the grads and proud dads and FILs. Aamos - I love graduations, too, maybe because I've spent so much time as a student as well. I'm heading to Princeton tomorrow for the commencement at the school where I did my masters in music. It's like a coronation - pomp and circumstance - and wonderful choral SINGING by the entire student body. Haven't been back for several years. Franc59 - is that Siena in your avatar? It's beautiful where ever it is. Deep-tissue massage after school today was perfectly timed. I've been carrying so much tension around in my neck, jaw, and shoulders the past several days! I always feel like the massage therapist is getting a real workout with me. Moving the grand piano about 20 feet by myself today didn't do great things for my lower back, either. So as to not bring the massage-induced float-y feeling to an early end, I skipped running this evening. Planning to get up as if tomorrow were a school day and run before heading up to Princeton. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com