Masters Running

Super Monday 2/7 Daily Thread (Read 525 times)

Mariposai

Mari - What race did Francesca participate in?

Rocky Raccoon Endurance Runs (Texas) 100 miler!!!!

Starving right now..as if I did not eat a thing today Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Hey everybody! 

Just got back from a lovely, easy 5 1/2 mi trot on the boardwalk as day turned to night.  Had the twilight to myself, and once the inky night appeared, Renee and I shared the roads on the way home with many a dog out for a walk.  It was sheer bliss.  No hacking up a lung afterwards.  So, double bliss!

Have a peaceful rest tonight all! Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I assume Francesca finished!  Wow! 100 miles is Supah Fah!

Tramps... I always find sproink the day after speedwork and you had that and a stepback week.  This whole week should be a sweet spot for you!

3 Magical Healing Miles with Tory and Sadie this morning.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

100 miles???   That's what I done last month Roll eyes 

52 minutes on the elliptical  then some leg presses

Nono that run does sound lovelySmile 

I could use some restful sleep after yesterday with 12 people shot,  1 dead at a party gone bad ConfusedBlack eye

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110206/ap_on_re_us/us_fraternity_house_shootings

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

5 Miles - 41:13 (8:13) - 8:53 - 8:32 - 8:18 - 8:05 - 7:25

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

100 miles???   That's what I done last month Roll eyes 

100 miles!???.  That's what took me until June last year and it's looking like July this year the way this year's events are fizzling all around me.

mari - hurry up and get recovered for all those black diamont runs that are waiting for you.

hint.  start in the middle of the hill and go straight down the fall line with as many little check turns as possible to slow you down.  Do not traverse side-to-side on the hill.  Though it looks easy and restful, it'll get you too tired with all the strain on the downhill leg at each traverse. Doesn't look like it but going straight down the fall line is much less tiring. Unless you are okay to try all-or-nothing on day one, practice 30-40 check turns in as short-a-distance-as possible without stopping on some short-but-as-steep-as-possible runs on day one. DO NOT FORGET TO BREATHE (even breathe noisily to remind yourself).  Work up to 100 in-a-row.  Day two go down about half way on the Big Beerbelly before resting. Take it easy on third day and, stationing DH at the bottom, go for it on day four.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Thanks taperboy, skiing down the fall line has been my quest for years...unless...the mugols are just too mean to do so.

Beerbelly is my nemesis, one of those ski, hop, turn type of a terrain with many boulders and trees as obstacles...but it is still scary funEvil. I shall listen to you on this one. I know you are an expert skier. You better send me more pointers on my private email. I need all the help I can get.

Gym night tonight: DH ran 3.6 miles and did some weights too.

Me: 20' on the ellyptical (was aiming for an hours, but legs felt too good to ruin it tonight, I hope to run tomorrow) so...did 35 of weights and all is good. Mind and body feel like a mush right now...so..will hit the hay fast.

Francesca!!!! you rock!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear the story.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy, masters!  I haven't been posting much because my hip flexor is bothering me again, so I'm taking a [hopefully short] break.  I've been walking the dogs every day, at least.  We had a foot of snow yesterday, and up to another foot is predicted for tomorrow. Not a bad time for a break.

I wanted to ski yesterday, because I don't watch football, and Superbowl Sunday is not usually crowded. But although the new snow would have made for great powder skiing, it would have been terrible driving. So I split some firewood for cross training.

Can't wait for Francesca's RR! 

Nono, glad you're healthy and enjoying blissful runs again!

Sarge, did you respond to the shootings at the frat?  Scary stuff.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #3309

I won't talk smack to ya like the Tim and Slo show.  Wink

I'm in secret training BTW............shhhhh, don't tell Slo. Normally I would say Steve.....why the name Slo when you are speedy. Then I think....after the Green Bay Marathon, Steve / Slo will think to himself............boy, I am pretty Slo - hehehe

70 - 80 - 90 mile weeks - 40 mile weekends - as speedy as 2008 - I feel great

Now NOT, that I would talk smack or anything............

Smile

TTYS

T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

posie - trees, boulders, and moguls will be your friends in forcing lots of tight little turns that ensure perfect timing through the moguls. Unless you like helicopters, flips and other jumps, dig in your edges if necessary to keep in the rhythm within the moguls and stay off the tops of them as it will cause too much acceleration on the down side.  Lucky.

T

DEar Mr. T. No particular reason but what does "t" stand for. <<<<(((((tights/tights/tights)))))>>>>>>

ps - not that I would ever talk smack or anything like that but you couldn't beat SLO if he signed up as Tet-2.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

DEar Mr. T. No particular reason but what does "t" stand for. <<<<(((((tights/tights/tights)))))>>>>>>

ps - not that I would ever talk smack or anything like that but you couldn't beat SLO if he signed up as Tet-2.

That's what is great tetaroni............I'm running my butt off, and I'm going to sneak up on a lot of runners this year....as a matter of fact, just heading out for a mid week 18 miler - just because I can, and in the most unlikely of places.

Just sayin'

Smile

T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

I want to have a HOTTUB party.

it's been awhile. . .

just sayin' . . .

this local friend of mine that ran RR100, barefoot, had to drop at mile 23. the weather conditions just weren't cooperating. bummer to travel so far only to have that happen. like who would have thought it'd be that cold in Texas in February??

a few other local friends did quite well though.

will RAW today. at least that's the plan . . . unless I get sidetracked in the hottub. . ..

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

I wanna swim in Lake Washington again...

Just sayin'

T